Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 1st time ROM, LS970/Dirty Unicorn questions

OP gorckt

7th September 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Would have posted right in the Dirty Unicorn thread, but being my first post, can't post in Dev.

1) On the DU download page (can't link it), is the LS970 (Optimus G) listed as "gee"? I'm trying to download "the recommended GAPPS" in the instructions and don't see LS970 on the DU download page.

2) "Wipe everything"- is that Dalvik, cache and (something else, forget what atm) using TWRP?

I have already rooted, flashed TWRP recovery and made backups.

Thanks.
8th September 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 237

693 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorckt

Would have posted right in the Dirty Unicorn thread, but being my first post, can't post in Dev.

1) On the DU download page (can't link it), is the LS970 (Optimus G) listed as "gee"? I'm trying to download "the recommended GAPPS" in the instructions and don't see LS970 on the DU download page.

2) "Wipe everything"- is that Dalvik, cache and (something else, forget what atm) using TWRP?

I have already rooted, flashed TWRP recovery and made backups.

Thanks.

Ok so the gapps you need are not device specific. On the left of the page lists gapps. Pa gapps, banks gapps, or tbo gapps.

Your other question. The ls970 is not gee but more like compatible with gee. Technically the ls970 is geehrc_4g but gee roms are meant to work on multiple models of this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Awesome- thanks

Should any of the DU guys come along (I haven't double checked to see if you're on the team), they should mention in the instructions that if you reboot straight to system without installing the gapps package (like me), simply choosing Reboot from the power button will give the option to get into recovery.

Thought I bjorked my phone and would have to find a way to manually get into recovery (which hadn't worked earlier) or sideload FreeGee :P
The Following User Says Thank You to gorckt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th September 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 237

693 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorckt

Awesome- thanks

Should any of the DU guys come along (I haven't double checked to see if you're on the team), they should mention in the instructions that if you reboot straight to system without installing the gapps package (like me), simply choosing Reboot from the power button will give the option to get into recovery.

Thought I bjorked my phone and would have to find a way to manually get into recovery (which hadn't worked earlier) or sideload FreeGee :P

I am not on the DU team. But to get the advanced options back, there is an option in developer options to turn it on.

If dev options are not available under settings, go to about phone and click build number about 5 times in a row until it says dev options available.

Then press back and go to dev options, there should be a check box for advanced power menu options.

Then after that when you hold the power button you should see reboot, reboot to recovery, and reboot bootloader as well as the normal shut down options.

Also, sideloading freegee I am unsure of. I know in the past it hasn't recognized AOSP ROMS as being supported, but that can be changed in the build.prop.

There is really no need for it now that you are rooted, unlocked, and have backups. Also make sure you have a seperate backup of your EFS. That's the partition that stores all the phone connection stuff (minus the APNs).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread