Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] When trying to turn bluetooth on, it just turns off immediately

Tip us?

JustAk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] When trying to turn bluetooth on, it just turns off immediately

I have been having this issue for weeks now. Any time I try to turn on my bluetooth, it flashes on for just a split second, then turns right back off. I was able to pull some info from logcat, I don't know if it would be of any help but hopefully you all can help me figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Logcat seen here (quite long)

FcoEnrique
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAk View Post
I have been having this issue for weeks now. Any time I try to turn on my bluetooth, it flashes on for just a split second, then turns right back off. I was able to pull some info from logcat, I don't know if it would be of any help but hopefully you all can help me figure this out. Thanks in advance!

Logcat seen here (quite long)
What ROM and what kernel did you flashed?

JustAk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcoEnrique View Post
What ROM and what kernel did you flashed?
That's the weird part, I'm only running stock right now. I was going to flash cyanogen later but this bluetooth thing started up and I'm not sire what caused it

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
That's the weird part, I'm only running stock right now. I was going to flash cyanogen later but this bluetooth thing started up and I'm not sire what caused it
Rooted and unlocked bootloader? What method?

Freegee likes to mess with the bluetooth. There should be a bluetooth fix flashable zip in the freegee thread for the ls970. I don't know if you can flash it on stock so make sure you read thoroughly.
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint Current ROM: ArtMod 5.0
and a few others in between.

JustAk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Rooted yes, unlocked bootloader no. I rooted with fiddy619's batch file.

I'll take a look at their fix. As far as bluetooth suddenly breaking, is there anything that typically causes this or that I can look into? I've checked over all my settings, and none of my apps seem to be interfering (as far as I can tell), and I can't make sense of the logcat, so Idk what else to look at.

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Rooted yes, unlocked bootloader no. I rooted with fiddy619's batch file.

I'll take a look at their fix. As far as bluetooth suddenly breaking, is there anything that typically causes this or that I can look into? I've checked over all my settings, and none of my apps seem to be interfering (as far as I can tell), and I can't make sense of the logcat, so Idk what else to look at.
Freegee is to unlock the bootloader, if you're not unlocked and did not use freegee then you have no need for the fix. Do you have a recovery installed? What one?

you should definitely read this thread and maybe complete the process. There are tons of roms out there an as long as you follow the steps in this thread, you shouldn't mess anything up.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050582
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint Current ROM: ArtMod 5.0
and a few others in between.

JustAk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
Freegee is to unlock the bootloader, if you're not unlocked and did not use freegee then you have no need for the fix. Do you have a recovery installed? What one?

you should definitely read this thread and maybe complete the process. There are tons of roms out there an as long as you follow the steps in this thread, you shouldn't mess anything up.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050582
Regarding Freegee, I saw that after responding and then felt quote stupid. But I'll probably be doing that soon now so I can get a properly working phone.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably be doing this tomorrow and will update the thread when I do.