[Q]Not sure what screen this is

OP Muyami

8th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
More
I booted up my LG Optimus G (sprint) and got this screen before going to the recovery. My digitizer is cracked so I can't access anything using the screen at all, just hardware buttons. The room also doesn't wanna boot so I'm not sure what its even running right now.

Pressing up and down reboots the phone, restarts recovery, and powers off.

Any idea what this screen is? And like, what I can use it for to get a new rom installed?

Picture is kinda big.
8th July 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 152

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyami

I booted up my LG Optimus G (sprint) and got this screen before going to the recovery. My digitizer is cracked so I can't access anything using the screen at all, just hardware buttons. The room also doesn't wanna boot so I'm not sure what its even running right now.

Pressing up and down reboots the phone, restarts recovery, and powers off.

Any idea what this screen is? And like, what I can use it for to get a new rom installed?

Picture is kinda big.

That's the bootloader, press volume keys and it will change the part that says start to fastboot, recovery or restart bootloader (I think) press power and it will select whichever is shown on the top of the screen where "START" is.

If you choose recovery and press power it will load into recovery and you can flash another ROM or restore a backup.Will it go into recovery when doing what I suggest?

If going to recovery doesn't do anything or just reboots to that screen you might not have a custom recovery installed.
If it does not, follow this guide for the teeny bin and it will install an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230106
Last edited by dopy25; 8th July 2014 at 10:17 PM.
8th July 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
More
I can get into the recovery, but my digitizer is cracked, can I use fastboot to push a rom in?
9th July 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 152

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyami

I can get into the recovery, but my digitizer is cracked, can I use fastboot to push a rom in?

I'm not sure on that. Never tried. But I know you can flash another recovery from fastboot. If you install cwm or philz you can use the hardware buttons to navigate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread