Can't get stock working with messed up EFS

OP Cody92

1st September 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Alright, so I just started using my OG on ringplus and decided to root with framaroot (I think I used gandalf mode). Anyways later on the phone started showing Demigod kernel issues (On stock zvc). So I went with Teenybin and flashed the unlocked bin using LGNPST. Same kernel issue. However custom roms don't show this issue. Now, the problem is I need to go back to stock so I can get to diag mode since my esn info got corrupted. Now this wouldn't be a problem since I'm alright with cdma workshop or DFS (I only want to repair the ESN), but of course I need to go back to stock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
EDIT: I should probably add that I have tried several roms, and several different bins (including full sized ones) yet I always come back with the same black screen with the Demigod kernel error. One more thing is that I have all the information that needs repairing, just can not use it until I get a working stock image.
Last edited by Cody92; 1st September 2014 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Added info
2nd September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Jesup
Thanks Meter: 34

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do custom stock roms work such as optimus DE or lifeless?

Also theres a guide somewhere on how to activate diag mode on aosp roms. Id link you but im on my phone. Should come up easily on searching the forums. i know theres a link to it in the irc chatroom.

Sent from my Sprint LG Optimus G on Page Plus.
3rd September 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Strangely aosp roms work fine minus service. I did try the guide, but for some reason I couldn't edit any of the efs settings even after I flashed the efs recovery zip they had. DFS and cdma workshop just bring up failed or errors when in diag mode. So far I tried DE, but I'll have to try Lifeless and see what happens. It's just so weird how the demigod kernel issue keeps appearing on stock and stock based roms, the phone freezes and reboots to a black warning screen.
5th September 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Jesup

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody92

Strangely aosp roms work fine minus service. I did try the guide, but for some reason I couldn't edit any of the efs settings even after I flashed the efs recovery zip they had. DFS and cdma workshop just bring up failed or errors when in diag mode. So far I tried DE, but I'll have to try Lifeless and see what happens. It's just so weird how the demigod kernel issue keeps appearing on stock and stock based roms, the phone freezes and reboots to a black warning screen.

Maybe try a stock rom with a custom kernel made for it like viper?

Sent from my Sprint LG Optimus G on Page Plus.
5th September 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 152

524 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQEight

Maybe try a stock rom with a custom kernel made for it like viper?

Where is viper? I didn't know it was made for this hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody92

Try this thread... If you flash the teeny bin it will give you an unlocked boot and recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230106

I think that might fix your problem. Grab the teeny and not the full. The full is huge and will erase your info and is not necessary.

Try that out and come back. I am all but sure it is related to the bootloader/recovery.
7th September 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

Where is viper? I didn't know it was made for this hardware...

Try this thread... If you flash the teeny bin it will give you an unlocked boot and recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2230106

I think that might fix your problem. Grab the teeny and not the full. The full is huge and will erase your info and is not necessary.

Try that out and come back. I am all but sure it is related to the bootloader/recovery.

I probably should have said when I used LGNPST I used teenybin originally. I just downloaded it again now and flashed teenybin once more but got the same problem. I've tried lifeless and another stock based rom, but I still get the demigod crash. I used both TWRP and Philz touch to install stock roms. When I use an aosp rom and get into diag mode through the terminal I still can't use cdma ws or dfs to edit anything. I'm thinking stock might solve this, but that demigod error follows me everywhere. This problem is such a pain.
7th September 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #7  
Flag Jesup

189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Viper Is here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2486990
7th September 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Alright I tried the lifeless stock rom and ended up with the demigod crash before booting up. I also received it when I tried the viper kernel. One more weird thing happened though. When I tried going into diag mode from the terminal on cm11 (4.4.4) windows didn't recognize it and I got the demigod crash. Could it maybe be that the dll for the lgnpst program is messed up so whenever I try to flash teenybin it corrupts the bootloader (I've done this too many times)? I'll try downloading and reinstalling lgnpst to see if it helps.
11th September 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Alright, so I tried playing around with it a bit more and only got more problems. So after reinstalling lgnpst it seemed to make a difference, but still have similar problems. I ended up flashing a full bin of zvb after messing with teenybin for a bit, but it kept freezing followed by a reboot (tried factory resetting it too). Then I flashed the full zvc with more issues. It kept restarting again. So I flashed the unlocked teenybin and the power started acting weird, working sometimes (I've had this before when messing with it earlier). After I finally got it started from being connected to a charger for a while the phone got stuck on a new demigod error. This one said "Watchdog bark detected" and the screen was a weird yellow tint. Custom roms still work though for some reason. The last part is the meid and imea info shows up as unknown after flash the zero efs file with twrp. This phone is starting to get real annoying.

UPDATE: Alright, so after I flashed to zvb without success I figured there wasn't much hope on downgrading. However, I found there are some older ics bins. I downloaded the zv7 bin and flashed it. So far the phone has not crashed. I'm not quite sure why, but the jelly bean stock firmware causes my phone to crash. I will add more details if I can get it back working on Ringplus.

Some more details: So for some reason the zero out efs isn't working for me. All of the imei and esn info all shows as unknown on my phone. Stock hasn't crashed yet, but the spc seems to be corrupted or something. My old spc code and all 0's don't work. Cdma ws, cdmadevterm, and anything else I use to get into diag stuff always freezes when attempting the read for the phone. I hope my efs isn't corrupted beyond repair.
Last edited by Cody92; 12th September 2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added some info
23rd September 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Any ideas? Short of replacing the logic board, I'm not really sure what to try. I've used 2 different computers to try and mess with the efs, but like I said the programs would hang. Could it maybe have anything to do with Windows 8.1, should I try with 7? I'm getting ready to give up on this phone, it's been bugging me for too long.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread