No registration required

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][LS970-GEESPR] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-3

OP rectec

16th September 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 30

31 posts
More

PAC-man ROM is a ROM built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!
Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!
* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!
* Do not ask for ETAs!!

* Download the ROM and GApps
* Reboot to recovery
* Wipe data/factory reset
* Flash the ROM and then GApps
* Reboot your phone
* Enjoy

* Download the latest version
* Reboot to recovery
* Flash the ROM
* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache
* Reboot your phone
* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-man

* Submit a bug
* Submit a patch

Known issues:
* Delay when turning on the screen with the lockscreen disabled through quick settings - this is normal behavior, and is a side effect of bypassing the lockscreen security
* Possible video artifacting/corruption on YouTube

* PAC-man ROM Downloads
* GApps

* PAC-man Rom Sharing Policy
* PAC-Rom Site
* PAC Forum
* PAC Gerrit
* PAC Changelog
* PAC JENKINS
* PAC Bug Reports
* PAC Github
* PAC Stats
* PAC Google+
* PAC Facebook
* PAC Twitter
* Want to help Dev or Maintain for PAC-man
* Try out PAC's Universal Gerrit Review Script
* PAC-Rom Central----Questions and Features broken down and seen by all PAC Devs on XDA

* Cyanogen Team
* AOKP Team
* Paranoid Android
* PAC-man Team
* SlimRoms
* RootBox
* Carbon ROM
* Vanir
* ChameleonOS
* Omnirom
* Paranoid SaberDroid
* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names)
* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names)
* And of course, thank you for your love and support!

Help with server costs

Support us with these banners:

Last edited by rectec; 15th November 2014 at 04:43 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rectec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

31 posts
More
PAC-man ROM for the LG Optimus G - Devices and threads:
Last edited by rectec; 15th November 2014 at 05:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rectec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pelham, NY
Thanks Meter: 22

111 posts
More
Thanks a bunch!
I'm a bit confused.
The download link you provided takes me to PacMan files basketball files>LS970
I do not see this particular build (PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1) in any of this folders.
However I do see a similar build label in the p970 folder (release).
Help me sort this out.
17th September 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesacarvin

Thanks a bunch!
I'm a bit confused.
The download link you provided takes me to PacMan files basketball files>LS970
I do not see this particular build (PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1) in any of this folders.
However I do see a similar build label in the p970 folder (release).
Help me sort this out.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm still in the process of taking over as this device's maintainer. Once I'm done, the ls970 will be added back as a supported device and you should expect to see fresh nightlies rolling out soon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rectec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

31 posts
More
I'm happy to say that I'll be your new maintainer. The ls970 is once more a supported device and as such, will be getting nightlies rolled out soon. I'll be around for you guys if you need help or have questions. Looking forward to getting this stale August 24th build off my device, and I know you guys are too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rectec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 193

1,011 posts
More
Welcome and thanks for taking this awesome ROM to maintain it.
As you are the maintainer now, I'll suppose that is fine tho post feedback about the ROM to you...
I've been running that last old build (08/24) since a few weeks. only two things to report:

1- having delay waking up the device when it self goes off due the ''screen off time'' but not if I lock it through the button.
2- bsod sometimes, with the built in kernel and with different custom kernels too, that's why I'm guessing is ROM related.
18th September 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FcoEnrique

I've been running that last old build (08/24) since a few weeks. only two things to report:

1- having delay waking up the device when it self goes off due the ''screen off time'' but not if I lock it through the button.
2- bsod sometimes, with the built in kernel and with different custom kernels too, that's why I'm guessing is ROM related.

1) I can confirm this problem. It cropped up in the last couple builds. It may be temporary, so let's wait and see if it occurs in the latest nightlies once they roll out.

2) BSOD as in a blue screen saying something like "subsystem crash"? I've gotten those a few times too. They're just the weirdest things to see on an Android system. And they occur for me at the oddest times, like when the phone's just sitting there doing nothing. I haven't gotten any lately though. This is another case of waiting and seeing if the problem has been fixed in the latest nightlies.

As for the nightlies, you can see here that I've added the ls970 back into nightly.xml, so our Jenkins build bots will be getting around to making a build for the device soon. By the way, if you'd like to volunteer one or more of your machines as a build bot and help speed up our nightly build process, by all means view this thread. Thanks.
18th September 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #8  

1,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rectec

1) I can confirm this problem. It cropped up in the last couple builds. It may be temporary, so let's wait and see if it occurs in the latest nightlies once they roll out.

2) BSOD as in a blue screen saying something like "subsystem crash"? I've gotten those a few times too. They're just the weirdest things to see on an Android system. And they occur for me at the oddest times, like when the phone's just sitting there doing nothing. I haven't gotten any lately though. This is another case of waiting and seeing if the problem has been fixed in the latest nightlies.

As for the nightlies, you can see here that I've added the ls970 back into nightly.xml, so our Jenkins build bots will be getting around to making a build for the device soon. By the way, if you'd like to volunteer one or more of your machines as a build bot and help speed up our nightly build process, by all means view this thread. Thanks.

Happy to know that our device is back in business.
By bosd or "black screen of death", I mean that when I try to unlock/wake up the device it doesn't, keys lights up but the screen stays off.
I'll would love to help with the building process, I even would love tho be able to build some ROMs but my machine doesn't have the requirements :/
18th September 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

31 posts
More
Quote:

Happy to know that our device is back in business.

You and me both :)

Quote:

By bosd or "black screen of death", I mean that when I try to unlock/wake up the device it doesn't, keys lights up but the screen stays off.

Oh. Yeah I've had that problem too. It's a pain in the ass but at least you can hold the power button down for a little bit to hard restart the phone. But we'll have to see if we have this problem with the latest nightlies as well, because it may have already been fixed.

Quote:

I'll would love to help with the building process, I even would love tho be able to build some ROMs but my machine doesn't have the requirements :/

No problem. They're pretty demanding requirements and rightfully so; building a single nightly can take hours. That was just a general solicitation in case anyone who can meet the requirements happens to stumble upon my post. But if you want to contribute a build bot, next time you're in the market for PC hardware, I'd recommend getting one of those cheap AMD 8 core CPUs, since building is a heavily multi-threaded process. Thanks for your interest :)
21st September 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #10  

1,011 posts
More
Some goodies in the last build like stop and resume downloads, good to have new builds again.
so far the only bug in my end is still present, having that delay when unlocking after it self turn off the screen.

Edit: I think that I've found another one,something wrong with YouTube.
Last edited by FcoEnrique; 21st September 2014 at 05:44 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread