OP Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 109

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
BACKUP YOUR EFS THROUGH FREEGEE AND/OR TWRP

cm-bootanim

This is a preview of CM-12.0 built entirely from CM sources. I have not modified any portion of the source in these builds.

Latest Build
12/24/2014 - LRX22G (5.0.2)

Downloads
Latest Builds
http://goo.gl/Sz2K7a - Android File Host

Google Apps
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...ckage-t2930266

TWRP - 2.8.3.0
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/155

Known Issues
- Wifi Tether - this should be fixed as of 12/22 build. Thanks @xyyx.
- Nothing else that I have noticed

All changes can be viewed on the CyanogenMod gerrit.

Thanks to all who have developed CyanogenMod and the device and kernel trees for the Optimus G.

Source
http://github.com/CyanogenMod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-15-53.png
Views:	414
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	3070611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-04.png
Views:	416
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	3070612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-14-21-16-14.png
Views:	418
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	3070613  
Last edited by rjwil1086; Yesterday at 09:06 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rjwil1086 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 234

690 posts
The E970 and LS970 are slightly different, have you used the LS970 sources to build? The LS970 has minor differences in the camera as well as it being CDMA and not requiring a SIM card. Are these taken into affect? I am going to test because this is actually based on US hardware so I am hoping for most things to work that do not because other builds are based from international versions.
18th December 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kansas City

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

The E970 and LS970 are slightly different, have you used the LS970 sources to build? The LS970 has minor differences in the camera as well as it being CDMA and not requiring a SIM card. Are these taken into affect? I am going to test because this is actually based on US hardware so I am hoping for most things to work that do not because other builds are based from international versions.

I did use the LS970 sources. I have AT&T and Sprint phones (just not an LS970) so I am aware of the network differences. I am also aware of the 13MP camera the LS970 has. This is built entirely with CM sources (I'm using a fork of http://github.com/TheMuppets for vendor blobs; I added some gps blobs to get gps working). The device tree for these two phones share a lot of stuff as they are broken into 3 repositories (gproj-common, ls970-common, and ls970). The e970 also uses gproj-common and ls970-common which are about 95% of the device tree code for both phones. There is already a CM-12.0 branch on github for the ls970 so I'm assuming it was updated just like the e970. Just need someone with hardware to check it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjwil1086 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #4  

690 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwil1086

I did use the LS970 sources. I have AT&T and Sprint phones (just not an LS970) so I am aware of the network differences. I am also aware of the 13MP camera the LS970 has. This is built entirely with CM sources (I'm using a fork of http://github.com/TheMuppets for vendor blobs; I added some gps blobs to get gps working). The device tree for these two phones share a lot of stuff as they are broken into 3 repositories (gproj-common, ls970-common, and ls970). The e970 also uses gproj-common and ls970-common which are about 95% of the device tree code for both phones. There is already a CM-12.0 branch on github for the ls970 so I'm assuming it was updated just like the e970. Just need someone with hardware to check it out.

Great! Sounds like you know what you are doing. I am downloading it right now and am at 20%. I will flash when done and absolutely report back.
EDIT FOR FINDINGS
@rjwil1086 GREAT JOB! The ROM is working great on my device (LS970) so I will send some feedback

PROS
1) Everything seems to work for the most part except items listed under CONS.
2) Calls and data are working from flashing, no extra steps needed to achieve calls or data. 4G coverage included.
3) Superuser is integrated (THANK YOU)
4) Camera works superb, even quality is amazing. (see cons)
5) Voicemail by long pressing one works and on other CM12 does not.
6) You can turn on "flash" while video recording so you have overhead light. Maybe I've missed that in every other ROM but that's great! (Does not cause phone to power down, see #6 cons)

CONS
1) Messaging app does not send a text from within the built in app (Quick reply works fine) I think this is CM issue and not device because it is in all CM based roms currently.
2) Swipe texting does not work with built in keyboard.
3) No SIM card appears in notification bar on lock screen (once again in other CM12 ROMS).
4) Data usage is not tracked at all, it says no apps used data right after I used the browser and the Play Store to download something.
5) NEW FINDINGS:: Phone calls will not end, pressing the end icon only makes the end option go away but the phone call is still in progress. I tried using a bluetooth headset and only the device. My work around is to enable Airplane Mode then disable it, that shuts the phone call off.
6) using flash in any camera app causes device to power off, overhead light during video recording is fine though.
7) Volume control on screen lock is not possible. You must unlock the screen to alter the volume (notable in music playing)
8) Very important!! While making a call, the phone immediately disconnects. When I call back, the other caller is still connected so it goes to voicemail. I have to ask them to ignore the first call so I can make it again. This happens every time and is very difficult to manage since I have to enable airplane mode to end the call.

On another note, I am using the Multiboot method and have this installed as primary, I haven't tested any secondary ROMs but I do not expect them to boot and that is due to a specific patch being required for the kernel that is not compatible with gproj. Also, it will not install as secondary, it fails upon flashing. The only thing I noticed is that it takes awhile longer at the boot screen to get past it than other roms. No issues though since it works to my expectations.

I will continue to use this to see if anything else comes up, but over all this is awesome. I look forward to CM fixing things upstream. Please keep those builds coming, they work.
Last edited by dopy25; 19th December 2014 at 07:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,496

2,899 posts
More
Looks good. Once those CM bugs get worked out, this ROM will be fantastic! Thank you for this ROM! Willing to test any new updates. Seems like dopy did a pretty solid review so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whiplashh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 9

117 posts
This ROM running Android Lollipop 5.0?
19th December 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #7  

690 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegKilla

This ROM running Android Lollipop 5.0?

Yes, CM12 is 5.0 (in this case 5.0.1)

EDIT: @rjwil1086 ...

GREAT JOB ON THAT UPDATE. I'm not sure if it was you that fixed it or CM fixes, but some of the previous issues are gone. Now this is extremely stable. I definitely recommend it to anyone with an LS970.

Fixed issues: (calls are main thing fixed)
1) Calls end perfectly fine
2) Phone no longer shuts off at flash of the camera.
3) no issues with music. (I didn't mention it before but when I would try to play music from any app, it would say it was playing but the song would not progress and there was no sound. I also attributed it to my bluetooth headset, but now the issue is gone)
4) Adaptive brightness and notification bar brightness adjustment has always worked with this ROM. (basically all aspects of brightness work)

still existing issues
1) Volume control on inactive lock screen. (still have to turn on screen)
2) Data usage still not tracked by settings/data usage.

3) messaging app will not show active send, pressable icon (cannot send text from within the app but quick reply still works) (I'm certain CM issue)
4) Swipe texting with built in keyboard (most likely CM issue)
5) Not really an issue but lock screen still says "No SIM card" (CM issue?)

Great update, more than half of the major issues have been fixed, now it seems like mostly CM issues , and not even major problems.
Last edited by dopy25; 20th December 2014 at 09:14 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Kansas City

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

Yes, CM12 is 5.0 (in this case 5.0.1)

EDIT: @rjwil1086 ...

GREAT JOB ON THAT UPDATE. I'm not sure if it was you that fixed it or CM fixes, but some of the previous issues are gone. Now this is extremely stable. I definitely recommend it to anyone with an LS970.

Fixed issues: (calls are main thing fixed)
1) Calls end perfectly fine
2) Phone no longer shuts off at flash of the camera.
3) no issues with music. (I didn't mention it before but when I would try to play music from any app, it would say it was playing but the song would not progress and there was no sound. I also attributed it to my bluetooth headset, but now the issue is gone)
4) Adaptive brightness and notification bar brightness adjustment has always worked with this ROM. (basically all aspects of brightness work)

still existing issues
1) Volume control on inactive lock screen. (still have to turn on screen)
2) Data usage still not tracked by settings/data usage.

3) messaging app will not show active send, pressable icon (cannot send text from within the app but quick reply still works) (I'm certain CM issue)
4) Swipe texting with built in keyboard (most likely CM issue)
5) Not really an issue but lock screen still says "No SIM card" (CM issue?)

Great update, more than half of the major issues have been fixed, no it seems like mostly CM issues , and not even major problems.

Yup all those were fixed by CM developers. I saw several CDMA fixes in the ril code. I'm sure there were more elsewhere in the code. Swipe on the keyboard is disabled in CM because it doesn't work on any of my devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjwil1086 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #9  

2,899 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwil1086

Yup all those were fixed by CM developers. I saw several CDMA fixes in the ril code. I'm sure there were more elsewhere in the code. Swipe on the keyboard is disabled in CM because it doesn't work on any of my devices.

So the 12/20/14 build fixes those bugs?

Downloading now. Thank you for this again! Breathes some life into this old phone lol.
20th December 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #10  

2,899 posts
More
Edit; I would just like to add; you sir, have made me love cyanogenmod once again.
I use to use CM 10.2 all the time, but honestly, when the official CM11 came out with LS970 sources, it always felt, not laggy, but not responsive. As in just sluggish. Gee Roms always ran fast on my optimus, but always over heated easily too.

I absolutely love this ROM. It is extremely fast and uses LS970 sources. I can finally leave stock confidently. Is there anyway I can repay you? I am on mobile, so I can't see much, but do you have a donation link? I'd pay to keep this going.

Fantastic job. It works great!
Never had this much responsiveness on a LS970 cm ROM before.

Edit 2: Does anyone know how to disable mobile data? I like to turn it off so it doesn't suck battery in low service areas. Thanks again.
Last edited by Whiplashh; 20th December 2014 at 11:49 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread