Originally Posted by rjwil1086
I did use the LS970 sources. I have AT&T and Sprint phones (just not an LS970) so I am aware of the network differences. I am also aware of the 13MP camera the LS970 has. This is built entirely with CM sources (I'm using a fork of http://github.com/TheMuppets for vendor blobs; I added some gps blobs to get gps working). The device tree for these two phones share a lot of stuff as they are broken into 3 repositories (gproj-common, ls970-common, and ls970). The e970 also uses gproj-common and ls970-common which are about 95% of the device tree code for both phones. There is already a CM-12.0 branch on github for the ls970 so I'm assuming it was updated just like the e970. Just need someone with hardware to check it out.
Great! Sounds like you know what you are doing. I am downloading it right now and am at 20%. I will flash when done and absolutely report back.
EDIT FOR FINDINGS
GREAT JOB! The ROM is working great on my device (LS970) so I will send some feedback
1) Everything seems to work for the most part except items listed under CONS.
2) Calls and data are working from flashing, no extra steps needed to achieve calls or data. 4G coverage included.
3) Superuser is integrated (THANK YOU)
4) Camera works superb, even quality is amazing. (see cons)
5) Voicemail by long pressing one works and on other CM12 does not.
6) You can turn on "flash" while video recording so you have overhead light. Maybe I've missed that in every other ROM but that's great! (Does not cause phone to power down, see #6 cons)
1) Messaging app does not send a text from within the built in app (Quick reply works fine) I think this is CM issue and not device because it is in all CM based roms currently.
2) Swipe texting does not work with built in keyboard.
3) No SIM card appears in notification bar on lock screen (once again in other CM12 ROMS).
4) Data usage is not tracked at all, it says no apps used data right after I used the browser and the Play Store to download something.
5) NEW FINDINGS::
Phone calls will not end, pressing the end icon only makes the end option go away but the phone call is still in progress. I tried using a bluetooth headset and only the device. My work around is to enable Airplane Mode then disable it, that shuts the phone call off.
6) using flash in any camera app causes device to power off, overhead light during video recording is fine though.
7) Volume control on screen lock is not possible. You must unlock the screen to alter the volume (notable in music playing)
8) Very important!!
While making a call, the phone immediately disconnects. When I call back, the other caller is still connected so it goes to voicemail. I have to ask them to ignore the first call so I can make it again. This happens every time and is very difficult to manage since I have to enable airplane mode to end the call.
On another note, I am using the Multiboot method and have this installed as primary, I haven't tested any secondary ROMs but I do not expect them to boot and that is due to a specific patch being required for the kernel that is not compatible with gproj. Also, it will not install as secondary, it fails upon flashing. The only thing I noticed is that it takes awhile longer at the boot screen to get past it than other roms. No issues though since it works to my expectations.
I will continue to use this to see if anything else comes up, but over all this is awesome. I look forward to CM fixing things upstream. Please keep those builds coming, they work.