LG Optimus L7 Dual P715 (Rooting,Unrooting,Flashing)

Search This thread

kishanamlani

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry bro i was fed up with that phone, so deleted all the stuffs related to it. I would be happy if i could have helped u. I know it was so hard for me to find the stuffs for this phone. Sorry again, but i will have a look and reply if i find anything.

anubhav.das

Nov 9, 2016
Please provide another link for stock firmware

Please provide another link for stock firmware. The existing one isn't working.

anubhav.das

Nov 9, 2016
Please provide another link for SuperSU

Please provide another link for SuperSU. The existing link isn't working. Thanks in advance.

djanielle

Jul 18, 2014
Using this method on P715 got bootloops at phone startup. I used kingo root for rooting original KK FW and gscript for install cwm and finally install twrp via zip for run and test lineage OS13. Because Lineage os have some issue, bugs and run slow , i decide to take back at KK original FW, this method after all explained got bootloop. I'm feeling lucky when i think is very important to do a nandroid and twrp backup before testing custom roms. LG Flash tool is not uninstall cwm installed previously vía gcript, any solution for take a complete factory rom is much appreciated, thanks in advance (Sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

brunori

Oct 20, 2008
Broken link

The link to the "KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.rar" file on the first post is broken. Could you fix it, please?
Realy that the KDZ file for rooting does not erases user data? How can It be? Are these KDZ files customizable? Is there any KDZ to just install CWM or TWRP by flashing through LG flash tool?
Thz in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING!!! DO ON YOUR OWN RISK! :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:
    Before you begin V.IMP: read each and every single word of this post!

lg-optimus-l7-ii-dual-p715.jpg

lg-optimus-l7-ii-dual-p715-white.jpg

About the DROID!
    LG P715

^^Get Stock Firmware from (CAUTION!! Download Stock Firmware according to your country!) Here
    ^^Install USB Drivers Using LG Support Tool from Here

picture.php

^^Hard Reset:
    If your phone needs to be restored to its original condition, use Hard Reset to reboot
    your phone.
    1 When the phone is switched off, press and hold the Volume down key + Hot key
    + Power key.
    2 Release the Power key when the LG logo appears on the screen.
    3 Release Volume down key + Hot key when the LG logo disappears. After a while,
    Android robot will be displayed and recovery will proceed.
    Leave your phone for at least a minute while the hard reset is carried out. You will then
    be able to switch your phone back on.

^^eManual INDIA
    LINK

Disclaimer!!!
    Me and the developers are not responsible to any harm to you and your mobile in any respect DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!
    P.S:If you do it correctly as directed nothing bad will happen,Its a request not to use your own INTELLIGENCE & INTUITIONS :)

ROOTING P715
    KDZ file used to root:
    V10D Root Download This!
    Mirror!

FLASHING THE ROOT WILL NOT ERASE ANY DATA BUT STILL TAKE A BACKUP U KNOW FOR A SAFE SIDE

1.Download this File
    2.Extract it to somewhere..Desktop..My Documents...anywhere where it is handy!
    3.IMPORTANT if you have installed drivers from above step SKIP this else download LG Drivers from the LG site LINK
    4.Now go to the extracted folder and install msxml. (MUST)
    picture.php

5.If You are on this step RELAX take a break!! Drink something REFRESHING!!
    6.Restart phone in emergency mode= hold the volume "down" and insert the USB cable(When phone is off)(Will Have Yellow Screen)
    7.Now Open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
    picture.php

8.In Type Select 3GQCT , In Phone Mode Select DIAG , In KDZ select the KDZ file you've downloaded.Then Hit Launch Software Update
    picture.php

9.Sit Back and relax while the KDZ file is flashed.If some error message is popped relax.After the Process is complete the Phone is rebooted.
    picture.php

10.Now Install this SuperSu Pro 1.25 LINK
    11.Update Binary in SuperSu by going to preferences.
    12.Stand Up, Be proud of yourself You Have Successfully Rooted your phone!
    13.Hard Reset (If you have any problem after flashing) :)
    MAGIC! AFTER ROOTING U CAN MOVE APPS TO exSDCARD

UNROOTING OR FLASHING STOCK FIRMWARE
    1.LG Drivers MUST be installed.
    2.Plug The Phone in Emergency Mode.
    3.Open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
    4.In Type Select 3GQCT , In Phone Mode Select EMERGENCY
    5.Select the Stock Firmware KDZ and launch update.(Download LINK Given Above)

REMEMBER I'VE PROVIDED LINKS OF TWO KDZ FILE ONE IS FOR ROOT (V10D_P715.kdz) AND THE OTHER IS STOCK FIRMWARE (V10C_00.kdz)

Accessing HIDDEN SETTINGS!
    Go to dialer and dial 3845#*715#

If I've broken any rules please specify me the rule which is broken before banning my thread.
    Will update this post if I got something NEW! Adios till then!

XDA Social Group(Exclusively For P715 owners) LGP715
    Want to ROOT your P715 by yourself ?

Hi M8s
    For all those dear owners of LG L7 II Dual (P715) who want to root their phones by themselves and don't want
    to use that old v10d rooted ROM introduced in the first post of this topic while newer firmware versions of v10e , v10f , and
    even v10g have been released with less bugs and more stablity ,I have a new and amazing information:
    I found that while almost all other regional firmwares of P715 are resistant to being ROOTed by FramaRoot
    application , the CIS versions are completely vulnerable and friendly to this app and can be easily ROOTed in just seconds.
    So you can always (at least up to now) download the latest CIS version for your phone (which is v10g at the moment) from here:
    Code:
    [http]lg-phone-firmware[dot]com/index.php?id_mod=21
    and the latest version of FramaRoot application from HERE
    and flash your phone with the new firmware , do a "Factory data Reset" (see below), install the FramaRoot on your phone
    (in the same way as other apps) , and just run it in 2 steps , that's it.

I did it by myself and now I have a ROOTed P715 with the latest v10g official firmware.

i115551_All3.jpg

Some practical notes:

1- Usually when you flash your phone with a newer version , it does not erase your installed applications or personal data like
    contacts and SMSs , but it is always a wise advice to make a full backup of all your important data before you flash your phone.

2- Installing a newer firmware on you phone in most cases does not interfere with your previously installed apps but
    sometimes - especially when you install a newer firmware which does not include some properties of previous version
    (like for example a certain language ) - it causes errors and results in repeatedly annoying error messages. Such condition happened
    to me when I installed new CIS firmware (which does not support Persian menues) , over my old AME (Middle East) firmware
    ( which did have Persian menues) and the problem disappeared only when I did a "Factory Data Reset" . So as a general advice
    to prevent any interference and errors, it is better to do a "Factory Data Reset" after flashing new firmware to your
    phone
    and also don't forget to backup all your important data before doing such an aggressive action !
    You can find "Factory Data Reset" in 'Setting" menu , in "Backup & Reset" section.

3- The CIS versions of firmware (which at the moment are the only ROOTable ones) have very limitted number of menu languages
    (as you can see in the above picture) but they do support usage of any language that other firmwares support. In other word,
    it affects only menue languages not multi-language support.For example I lost Persian menues after installing the new CIS
    version over my Middle East version , but I still do have Persian keyboard as well as ability to work with Persian language
    texts and websites without any problem.

Good Luck
    Firmware with Bulgarian language

Hi guys,

I have LG Optimus L7 II Dual P715 with software version P71510e-TWN-XX, but I want to add different system language: bulgarian. Is it possible and if yes which ROM should I use exactly? I found so far an existing ROM for Europe, which probably contains bulgarian as language (Bulgaria is country in East Europe), but it was for P710, not P715. I'm complete noob to rooting and stuff and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi M8
    I have an Optimus L7 II Dual ( LG P715) too here in Iran and its primary official firmware (P71510d-AME-XX) which belongs to Middle East region did have many built in languages icluding Bulgarian , Romanian , and other Eastern European languages.I flashed it with the newest firmware of P71510f-AME-XX which I downloaded from
    Code:
    lg-phone-firmware[dot]com/index.php?id_mod=21
    and it does have those languages too.
    As far as I can say , all the Middle East firmwares do have what you want and when your phone is P715 , all the official firmwares made for P715 - apart from their geographical region - is suitable and harmless for it and they are only different in a few non-important built in extra applications and built in menu languages.
    So you should not worry about it and can install all official P715 firmwares on your phone and what you want can be found in Middle East versions which seems to be the most comprehensive of them concerning menu languages.
    You can find it in the above website under the title of "ARE/UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" and the latest version up to now is v10f , but don't forget to download proper one made for P715 not for other models.
    At the moment , the CIS version is one step ahead of the others (it is v10g) with the least software bugs , and I have installed it on my phone since 5 days ago but it has very few number of menu languages and lacks Bulgarian as well as my native language (Persian).
    I hope you find these informations usefull.
    Good Luck
    My battery is draining way too fast...I have P710, single sim, i cant figure out why battery drains so fast...It last for about half day, with normal to moderate usage, on 2G networks...Is there a trick i should do with the battery? before this phone i had Motorola Motoluxe, which battery capacity increased with the number of charges. It took 5, 6 charges for battery to last normaly. Any solutions for this?

Firstly..
    Drain your battery n recharge it fully...
    Then,
    There are some tricks n tips to prolong the life of your battery...just try them,see if its work...
    +Charge your battery only when it reaches below 10%.
    +Always fully charge your phone,never never disconnect the charger when battery is below 80% atleast charge till 80%.
    +Always try to fully charge your phone..After 100%,do not unplug the charger leave it to charge for more 20-30 mins(Prolongs the battery life) But remember to unplug after 30.mins as it will result in overcharge
    +Turn off BT,Wifi,Packet Data when not needed.
    +Keep the screen timeout and brightness low.

These lil tips can surely prolong the life of your battery..
    My P715 lives for abt 13hrs everyday,,,,and just 2-2 1\2 hrs of charging...

Sent from my LG-P715 using xda premium
    where is mediafire link?? :D

anyone who wants direct link this is direct link for the file used for root: (especially for my Compatriots, Iranians)

http://fs2.filegir.com/sh93/p715_v10d_root.kdz

Finally u found a way....apologies man was nt able to upload on mediafire..using xda thru my droid,lappy nt working...bt will upload them...Laters

Sent from my LG-P715 using xda premium