[Q] LG L5 II - stock ROM 4.1.2 - cell network drops after call

Search This thread

pocaracas

Oct 19, 2010
This has been bugging me for a while and google doesn't give me anyone with a similar problem.
After the second or third call I make, after a reboot, the cell network just drops. It's as if I was inside a tunnel, no signal.
If I go in Settings -> more... , the last item "Mobile networks" is greyed out and I can't access it.
It's like the chip came out or something and the OS doesn't find it... I don't know.
All I know is that a reboot returns the connection to the GSM network.... but that's inconvenient.

Does anyone know of a reason why this might happen? And how to fix :D ?

DaFreeK

Mar 13, 2013
How old is your SIM card?
A friend of mine has the same problem and his SIM card is over 10 years old. I'm telling him to exchange it for a new one at his operator. When he finds time he'll do it. I can report back if it helped.

Sent from my pool filled with printer ink

yashgumaste

Dec 20, 2014
This has been bugging me for a while and google doesn't give me anyone with a similar problem.
After the second or third call I make, after a reboot, the cell network just drops. It's as if I was inside a tunnel, no signal.
If I go in Settings -> more... , the last item "Mobile networks" is greyed out and I can't access it.
It's like the chip came out or something and the OS doesn't find it... I don't know.
All I know is that a reboot returns the connection to the GSM network.... but that's inconvenient.

Does anyone know of a reason why this might happen? And how to fix :D ?

I too experience exactly same problem :( my model is LG-E455

DaFreeK

Mar 13, 2013
My friend exchanged his old SIM card for a new one. The problem is still there :/

Sent from my A0001

pocaracas

Oct 19, 2010
Almost a year later.... sorry about being away.
A few months ago, my phone ran into some weird trouble and it did a full system reset...
I took advantage of that to unroot it and let an update install (which was available for a while, but refused to due to having the phone rooted).
Since that update, I don't remember suffering this problem any longer.
So yeah, just perform the official update, if you have one available:
- Settings -> About phone -> Software Update

I'm now on build number JZO54K, Software version E46010p-EUR-XX, kernel 3.4.0 and it just works.