Thanks Meter 407
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kottayam, Kerala-INDIA
[GUIDE] Change SuperUser client in ROM.zip [OPTIMA-TEAM]
Today I will show you a simple method to change Superuser Client - From ChainsDD's/Koush's SuperUser to chainsfire's SuperSU.
I personally prefer the SuperSU over SuperUser.
If you are unsure, you might want to read up on it.
For a basic idea, look here - http://getandroidstuff.com/superuser...t-at-its-best/
So, if you're a ROM dev/porter, and would like to replace, this is what you need to do!
What you need
- Latest SuperSU and binary - can be found here
- The ROM you're working on!
- WinRAR (or similiar)
- 5 minutes of time!
- Download the SuperSU.zip
- Extract it!
- From the common-folder copy the superuser.apk
- Open your ROM's flashable .zip via WinRAR
- Navigate to /system/app
- Replace the superuser.apk from the .zip we extracted
- Go to our extracted SuperSU folder
- From the arm-folder copy su
- Navigate through ROM.zip to /system/xbin
- Replace the su
- WinRAR will update the archive!
In case the above doesn't work out for you, then also copy chattr and chattr.pie from arm-folder to /system/xbin of your ROM.zip
(Thanks to @F4uzan
for the tip!)
LG Optimus L5 E612
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Beta 9.4 by PecanCM
Kernel: SKernel Beta 0.6.1
Android: KitKat 4.4.4 [KTU84Q]
Recovery: TWRP 126.96.36.199
If anybody helped you, remember to thank them!