17th December 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 395

1,023 posts
More
General discusion about Lollipop 5.0 for L5 & L7
I make this thread for general discusions about LOLLIPOP 5.0 for L5 & L7

Android 5.0 "Lollipop" is the latest version of the Android mobile operating system developed by Google. Unveiled on June 25, 2014 during Google I/O, it became available as official over-the-air (OTA) updates on November 12, 2014 for select devices that run distributions of Android serviced by Google, including Nexus and Google Play edition devices. Its source code was made available on November 3, 2014.

One of the most prominent changes in the Lollipop release is a redesigned user interface built around a responsive design language referred to as "material design". Other changes include improvements to the notifications, which can be accessed from the lockscreen and displayed within applications as top-of-the-screen banners. Google also made internal changes to the platform, with the Android Runtime (ART) officially replacing Dalvik for improved application performance, and with changes intended to improve and optimize battery usage, known internally as Project Volta.

QUESTIONS:
-What are you guys thinking about this new update for our phones?
-What are you thinking about new MATERIAL DESIGN?
-What about ART? (pros--cons)
-Guest user mode? Good?
-What about app compatibility?

-more soon

Material design: fluid, purposeful motion
Material design

More tangible interaction
Content responds to your touch in an intuitive way.

Battery
More time playing, less time charging

Power for the long haul with a battery saver feature that extends your device by up to 90 minutes. And now it's easier to manage your power usage - see the estimated time left before you need to charge, and when you're charging, approximately how much time until it's topped up and ready to go.

Security
More ways to secure your device

Share your device securely with guest user mode. Or create multiple user accounts to enable friends to log in on your device. In either case, no one will be able to access any of your stuff. And you can use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.

Your device, your rules
Your device, your rules

For fewer worries and disruptions, adjust your settings so only certain people and notifications get through. When it's important, respond directly from your lockscreen.

For now we know that
@ALEX.IMER work on CM12 for L7 (make all,but stuck on graphic module).
@Asce1062 work on CyanHacker L for L7 & L5
@aidasaidas75 work on CM12 for L5. (Got an error while building).

We have kernels which support both devices, that is good thing
For L7 there is IMER kernel which is in all his roms
For L5 there is SKernel by @skyinfo HERE

Also there is GAPPs thread by @Plamb1r and @Paget96 (me) HERE

Official android site:
Android Lollipop 5.0 (official site)

Next Lollipop updates:

Update 5.0.1
As of now, there is no word on what precise changes the Android 5.0.1 update brings; though we can expect the release to bring fixes to various bugs and issues reported by Android 5.0 Lollipop users in the recent few weeks. With the release of Android 5.0.1 factory images for Nexus devices, we can expect that Google will soon announce the incremental update.

Update 5.0.2
Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the number of devices getting Google’s latest OS is growing bigger every day. In the first few weeks after its release, Google focused on stability and released quite a few update builds. Now, it’s the time for a small numerical bump, because Android 5.0.2 has just been pushed into Google’s AOSP repos.

Android 5.0.1 was rather minor update, with only a few notable changes. Android 5.0.2 is definitely bigger, but it’s still not huge. Google managed to address some issues with MountService which should now start before performBootDexOpt. This fixes a previously reported bug in the issue tracker. Some other changes related to NAND have also been pushed. Fstrim, introduced in Android 4.3, caused some serious issues on Lollipop. According to this log provided by XDA Recognized Developer cybojenix, devices turned off for the night had problems with fstrim being launched at all. Google addressed the issue and devices with slow NAND should now have a noticeable performance boost.

Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) and Nexus 7 (Mobile Data) device trees have been updated. As a result, new factory images for the Nexus 7 (2012) and updated binary files are have been pushed. As usual you can get them from the Android Developer Page. An updated device tree for tilapia is a good sign, as it’s one of two devices that haven’t received an official update already. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, signaling that Google will finally bring official Lollipop to the missing devices sooner rather than later.

If you want to build Android 5.0.2 yourself, you can update your current sources by executing the following command:
repo init -b android-5.0.2_r1 && repo sync

Update 5.1
Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to establish its position in the global smartphone market. Despite its many new features and overall greatness, Android 5.0 has many issues that still need to be addressed. According to our colleagues at AndroidPIT and their two internal sources, Google is working on Android 5.1, which should really come as no surprise because software progress is inevitable. We already know that Google is always looking ahead, but the interesting part is that if rumors are to be believed, we’ll see 5.1 as soon as the end of February.

This information, although plausible, could strike one as a bit odd. After all, usually Google releases one or two versions of its OS per year. But with the potential release of 5.1 right around the corner, it’s unclear as to why Google would want to roll out a new update so soon.

If AndroidPIT’s sources are to be believed, the update will allegedly bring following improvements:

-Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
-General improvements in system stability
-Improved RAM management
-Fixes for sudden app closures
-Improved battery management
-Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
-Issues with wireless connections fixed
-Problems with Okay Google function solved
-Notifications problems solved
-Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
-Other improvements and changes

The to-do list is rather long, and Google will definitely address some of these problems. AndroidPIT claims that they got this news from sources close to Google and Android 5.1 will soon become a reality. We can only wait to see whether these revelations are real or not.

Android 6.0: let’s invent the ultimate Android OS
http://www.androidpit.com/android-6-...te-news-rumors
Android M (6.0) --- that is for future xd

Source:
AndroidPIT

Thats all information which we have for now, I will updating this thread frequently
Last edited by Paget96; 20th December 2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: News added
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Paget96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac

1,023 posts
More
Lightbulb All lollipop features
Material Design
A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices

Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device
Vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery help to focus your attention
Notifications

New ways to control when and how you receive messages - only get interrupted when you want to be

View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
For fewer disruptions, turn on Priority mode via your device’s volume button so only certain people and notifications get through. Or schedule recurring downtime like 10pm to 8am when only Priority notifications can get through
With Lollipop, incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing. You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing
Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and prioritize or turn off the app’s notifications entirely
More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen
Battery

Power for the long haul

A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
Estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in
Estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found in battery settings
Security

Keep your stuff safe and sound

New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices
SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware
Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car
Device Sharing

More flexible sharing with family and friends

Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your friends (or access any of your messages, photos etc.) by simply logging into another Android phone running Lollipop. Also perfect for families who want to share a phone, but not their stuff
Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your info
Screen pinning: pin your screen so another user can access just that content without messing with your other stuff
New Quick Settings

Get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen

New handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls
Easier on/off toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location
Manually adjust your brightness for certain conditions. Then, adaptive brightness will kick in based on ambient lighting
Connectivity

A better internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities

Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity. For example, continue your video chat or VoIP calls without interruption as you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi back to cellular
Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi
Power-efficient scanning for nearby Bluetooth low energy (“BLE”) devices like wearables or beacons
New BLE peripheral mode
Runtime and Performance

A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience

ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness
Up to 4x performance improvements
Smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications
Compacting backgrounded apps and services so you can do more at once
Support for 64 bit devices, like the Nexus 9, brings desktop class CPUs to Android
Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores
Shipping 64-bit native apps like Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music, and more
Pure Java language apps run
source: Android lollipop 5.0
Last edited by Paget96; 17th December 2014 at 01:24 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paget96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Đà Nẵng
Thanks Meter: 12

41 posts
More
Talking
For me, i'm a fan of playing game so i hope the graphic in new version will better than present kitkat rom
I think Material design is beautiful, it look simple and colorful
ART, i hope it will stable and support more app and no bugs
My phone is mine so guest user mode is not important for me
That is my thinkings about new version Lollipop is going for our poor device
Sorry for my bad english
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SMILEVN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMILEVN

For me, i'm a fan of playing game so i hope the graphic in new version will better than present kitkat rom
I think Material design is beautiful, it look simple and colorful
ART, i hope it will stable and support more app and no bugs
My phone is mine so guest user mode is not important for me
That is my thinkings about new version Lollipop is going for our poor device
Sorry for my bad english

I thinks so. But all of you need to know IMER's CM12. Don't have ART. He said that "only dalvik" idk now :/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paget96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag Đà Nẵng

41 posts
More
I think IMER only make rom for l7
What about l5??? The last i have used cyanhacker is very laggy

Sent from my LG-e612 using XDA Free mobile app
17th December 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
What about the record with the microphone?
17th December 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac

1,023 posts
More
Quote:

I think IMER only make rom for l7
What about l5??? The last i have used cyanhacker is very laggy

Sent from my LG-e612 using XDA Free mobile app

I use cyan hacker for l7 . Work good. Try the latest SKernel . There is final version for L5.

EDIT: Yes, IMER work only for L7.. And that is not problem to port to L5. / don't worry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paget96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th December 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac

1,023 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrmd

What about the record with the microphone?

I don't know :/ but we always can hope.
17th December 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #9  
Flag Đà Nẵng

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

I use cyan hacker for l7 . Work good. Try the latest SKernel . There is final version for L5.

EDIT: Yes, IMER work only for L7.. And that is not problem to port to L5. / don't worry.

I agree that cyanhacker is smooth but the graphic is very bad
Now i am using avatar rom from Mr.Plamb1r to play game
I think CrystalPA rom is a good Kitkat rom but Mr.Cr3pt didn't support it
17th December 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Krusevac

1,023 posts
More
Quote:

I agree that cyanhacker is smooth but the graphic is very bad
Now i am using avatar rom from Mr.Plamb1r to play game
I think CrystalPA rom is a good Kitkat rom but Mr.Cr3pt didn't support it

My first rom on this device is CrystalPa 5.0.. Then I used. CM11, LS. And now CyanHacker.
Now I waiting for. CM12 by mr @ALEX.IMER

The Following User Says Thank You to Paget96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg's, lollipop 5.0, lollipop discussion
Previous Thread Next Thread