Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[L7] Unbrick L7 (soft-brick)

Tip us?

aguantealvaro
Old
(Last edited by aguantealvaro; 12th December 2013 at 12:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [L7] Unbrick L7 (soft-brick)

Hi guys. My name is Alvaro, I'm from Argentina. It's the first thread I ever post to a forum, but this time I felt it was really necessary for users who can be in the same situation as I was, just minutes ago.

I have an LG P705 and, thanks to these forums, I started messing around with it, and managed to root it and flash some very good roms. The problem is, as I was trying to install a new screen locker, I installed a new framework-es.apk, which resulted in a bootloop. My first thought was "Ok, I just have to boot into recovery and flash a new ROM". The problem was, I couldn't boot into it. I had CMW Touch installed, and, after trying a lot of button combinations, I just couldn't boot into it. I only could boot into Emergency mode. I did some research, and so I downloaded the official LG Mobile Support Tool, and, after that, the KDZ, in order to unbrick my phone. Everyhing went well with the LG tool, until an unknown error related to drivers, appeared after 99% of process. I tried in different computers, x86 and x64, notebooks and PCs, and all of them showed driver problems which didn't allow the upgrade to succeed. So I tried with the KDZ, flashing a V10a ROM. The problem was, this time, that an upgrade error showed up at the end, saying "wparam=100 lparam=6". I searched in the Internet, but I found nothing. I was desesperated.

So here's how I unbricked my phone:

- Installed the official LG United Mobile drivers, provided by LG in its official site
- Downloaded KDZ Updater
- Downloaded the V20a ROM with root and CMW (it's really important to use this one): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2214717 (thanks Homero2 so much!)
- Installed the msxml file in the KDZ folder
- Ran KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as administrator
- Set it to 3GQCT and DIAG, opened the V20a kdz file and pressed "Launch software update"
- I still got a lparam error, but here's the great thing about this ROM. Even though I still got a bootloop, I MANAGED TO GET INTO RECOVERY! Instructions: Press the power button and the volume - button at the same time. When capacitive buttons turn up, press the menu button. When LG logo appears, release the power button
- After that, I pushed a downloaded ROM (zip file) to my SD card and installed it via CMW succesfully!
Note: Depending on the ROM, you may need a different baseband: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing

Hope I can help somebody, as many of you helped me. Cheers!

*Sorry for my English. As I said, I'm Argentinian and I'm only 16!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aguantealvaro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farid0403
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot

Sent from my LG-E612 using xda app-developers app

slavko49
Old
Thanks Meter 31
This can come in handy. thank you

UrielGT-X
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks men!

brux4me
Old
Thanks Meter 4
great. useful.
thanks.

e-53e
Old
(Last edited by e-53e; 12th January 2014 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I did this but i can't access to the recovery

EDIT : I mixed the menu button with the home button
Sorry for my English, I'm French

Samsung Galaxy S : CM10.1 - OC @ 1.4Ghz (don't swim)
LG Optimus 4X HD : CM10.1 - Werewolf Kernel OC @ 1.7Ghz

Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus : CM11 - OC @1.5GHz

Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB : CM11 - Stock Kernel

HP Probook Win7 2x1.9Ghz
PB WinVista AMD Phenom 4x2.2Ghz (Has burned... Litterally)

Gumathi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=farid0403;44080751]Thanks a
hi, where is the download link for this rom??

Bithras
Old
Thanks Meter 0
usefull

flare3103
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys, I tried the KDZ method but it doesn't found my device. Tried to push a ROM into adb and still the error device not found. I realised that I can't mount my sdcard for some reason. Now I can only access CWM recovery mode. I found this threat and tried to follow it to cure my sdcard but it seems to only applied to HTC-one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630459 Iam a totally noob about this stuff and very confused right now. Please help me, does anyone here can save my phone????

BoaPillo851
Old
Thanks Meter 0

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by flare3103 View Post
Hey guys, I tried the KDZ method but it doesn't found my device. Tried to push a ROM into adb and still the error device not found. I realised that I can't mount my sdcard for some reason. Now I can only access CWM recovery mode. I found this threat and tried to follow it to cure my sdcard but it seems to only applied to HTC-one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1630459 Iam a totally noob about this stuff and very confused right now. Please help me, does anyone here can save my phone????
Have you installed all the drivers needed?
You can't access to the sd probably because you have the wrong version of cwm, it's appened to me too,
I've unbrick my phone in aguantealvaro's way,
try to unistall/reistall the drivers needed and hope for the best