[L7] Unbrick L7 (soft-brick)
Hi guys. My name is Alvaro, I'm from Argentina. It's the first thread I ever post to a forum, but this time I felt it was really necessary for users who can be in the same situation as I was, just minutes ago.
I have an LG P705 and, thanks to these forums, I started messing around with it, and managed to root it and flash some very good roms. The problem is, as I was trying to install a new screen locker, I installed a new framework-es.apk, which resulted in a bootloop. My first thought was "Ok, I just have to boot into recovery and flash a new ROM". The problem was, I couldn't boot into it. I had CMW Touch installed, and, after trying a lot of button combinations, I just couldn't boot into it. I only could boot into Emergency mode. I did some research, and so I downloaded the official LG Mobile Support Tool, and, after that, the KDZ, in order to unbrick my phone. Everyhing went well with the LG tool, until an unknown error related to drivers, appeared after 99% of process. I tried in different computers, x86 and x64, notebooks and PCs, and all of them showed driver problems which didn't allow the upgrade to succeed. So I tried with the KDZ, flashing a V10a ROM. The problem was, this time, that an upgrade error showed up at the end, saying "wparam=100 lparam=6". I searched in the Internet, but I found nothing. I was desesperated.
So here's how I unbricked my phone:
- Installed the official LG United Mobile drivers, provided by LG in its official site
- Downloaded KDZ Updater
- Downloaded the V20a ROM with root and CMW (it's really important to use this one): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2214717
(thanks Homero2 so much!)
- Installed the msxml file in the KDZ folder
- Ran KDZ_FW_UPD.exe as administrator
- Set it to 3GQCT and DIAG, opened the V20a kdz file and pressed "Launch software update"
- I still got a lparam error, but here's the great thing about this ROM. Even though I still got a bootloop, I MANAGED TO GET INTO RECOVERY! Instructions: Press the power button and the volume - button at the same time. When capacitive buttons turn up, press the menu button. When LG logo appears, release the power button
- After that, I pushed a downloaded ROM (zip file) to my SD card and installed it via CMW succesfully!
Note: Depending on the ROM, you may need a different baseband: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing
Hope I can help somebody, as many of you helped me. Cheers!
*Sorry for my English. As I said, I'm Argentinian and I'm only 16!