LG L5 e610v exit emergency download mode?

Search This thread

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
Hey guys,
I would appreciate a little help here cause I am about to throw my bricked L5 into the sea........

After a lot of tries I have rooted my e610v and ported V20 bb and CM10.1. Though, the google apps kept crashing no matter how many times I re-installed the firmware and the gapps-signed.zip
So, I did the mistake to put it into emergency download progress and now I am stuck there like....forever
I ve tried everything. Hard resets, cold reboots, everytime the phone starts again it shows "download in progress do not disconnect cable". I've tried any possible key combination found in the internet but nothing seems to get me out of there.
I ve also tried to change firmware back to a V20 rooted with CWM or a stock V20 rom with KDZ FW Updater but I get an update error wparams=500, lparams=100
I dont know what else to do, KDZ updater doesnt work maybe because I am trying to downgrade from CM 10.1 to CM 10 ?????

Any help would be much appreciated!
thnx :cowboy:

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
bump!!!
please guys any help here? :confused::confused:

are you using a windows based pc? If so, go to your pc to advanced options and find modems and disable LG mobile modem, reboot your pc then open kdz and run windows enabler. Set kdz to DIAG. Remove the battery from your phone.
Then hold vol - and connect your phone to your pc.
Now flash the original LG frameware for your device. Let finish.
KDZ will crash after it finishes update.
That is normal.
The lg logo will appear on your device and you may get stuck in a boot loop.
Just disconnect your device.
Dont put the battery back in yet. Just hold vol - and home button and connect your usb cable again. The device should factory reset and boot normally.

a nother way to a successful factory reset. Turn on your device with your battery inserted. Remove the back of your phone.
Turn on your device. Then hold vol- and just remove the bottom of your battery. When the screen turns off quickly put the battery back in. Keep holding vol - when menu lights up press and hold home key.

The phone will eventually enter recovery. Or recovery mode.

Sent from my LG-E610 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tony.crete

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
are you using a windows based pc? If so, go to your pc to advanced options and find modems and disable LG mobile modem, reboot your pc then open kdz and run windows enabler. Set kdz to DIAG. Remove the battery from your phone.
That is normal.
Dont put the battery back in yet. Just hold vol - and home button and connect your usb cable again. The device should factory reset and boot normally.

a nother way to a successful factory reset. Turn on your device with your battery inserted. Remove the back of your phone.
Turn on your device. Then hold vol- and just remove the bottom of your battery. When the screen turns off quickly put the battery back in. Keep holding vol - when menu lights up press and hold home key.

firstly id like to thank u very very much for your reply!!
ok now some qs...
1st of all, some things have changed since the last time i did the first post, in the meantime Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the adb universal drivers, the lg modem in device manager keeps showing up as disabled everytime I connect to my pc and I get a USB Composite device which seems like my LG phone (im running windows 7).
Since I reinstalled adb universal drivers the KDZ gives me a new error, PHONE WAS NOT FOUND! :(:(:(:eek:
2nd my phone status is bootloader v2, it was rooted and I had ported cm 10.1 right before it died! also Im not sure if last time it was unbricked if I had Usb debugging enabled and I cant change it now with my phone bricked.
3rd I cant find windows enabler. was it inside the kdz folder? I could only find msxml. also by saying stock firmware I assume you refer to V20G_00.kdz found on lg-phone-firmware.com, right?
4th as I havent managed to do anything differently as Ive done millions times, at that step flashing I dont think flashing will work now! Ive also tried your methods for factory reset and the method described last for entering recovery but nothing worked

thanks a lot again!

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
ok now some qs...
1st of all, some things have changed since the last time i did the first post, in the meantime Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the adb universal drivers, the lg modem in device manager keeps showing up as disabled everytime I connect to my pc and I get a USB Composite device which seems like my LG phone (im running windows 7).
Since I reinstalled adb universal drivers the KDZ gives me a new error, PHONE WAS NOT FOUND! :(:(:(:eek:
2nd my phone status is bootloader v2, it was rooted and I had ported cm 10.1 right before it died! also Im not sure if last time it was unbricked if I had Usb debugging enabled and I cant change it now with my phone bricked.
3rd I cant find windows enabler. was it inside the kdz folder? I could only find msxml. also by saying stock firmware I assume you refer to V20G_00.kdz found on lg-phone-firmware.com, right?
4th as I havent managed to do anything differently as Ive done millions times, at that step flashing I dont think flashing will work now! Ive also tried your methods for factory reset and the method described last for entering recovery but nothing worked

thanks a lot again!
Z
if you can enter download mode its ok.
Find a new kdz file with windows enabler. Yes it should be in kdz folder. Reinstall xsml. disable lgmobile modem on your pc and reboot. Then run window enabler and use my first instruction. Yes i mean the original v20 frameware from LG

when in download mode usb debbuging and if your phone is rooted or not and how many times you used kdz or what rom you were running is irrelevant.
As long as your phone enters download mode it can be restored :)

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
Z
Find a new kdz file with windows enabler. Yes it should be in kdz folder. Reinstall xsml. disable lgmobile modem on your pc and reboot. Then run window enabler and use my first instruction. Yes i mean the original v20 frameware from LG

when in download mode usb debbuging and if your phone is rooted or not and how many times you used kdz or what rom you were running is irrelevant.

nope nope nope nope and nope again.........
phone not found error still pops up.
tried to uninstall adb universal drivers and reinstall them, same for the msxml and run windows enabler but still nothing!
also note that im using original LG cable (first time I tried to flash it couldnt get it done because the cable wasnt original :confused: )

btw when i reinstalled usb drivers the modem came up again so I disabled it after connecting my phone to the computer
update #2, i just tried on another pc, same error, phone not found :crying::crying::crying: im gonna toss it down the river :eek:

Last edited:

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
tried to uninstall adb universal drivers and reinstall them, same for the msxml and run windows enabler but still nothing!
also note that im using original LG cable (first time I tried to flash it couldnt get it done because the cable wasnt original :confused: )

btw when i reinstalled usb drivers the modem came up again so I disabled it after connecting my phone to the computer
update #2, i just tried on another pc, same error, phone not found :crying::crying::crying: im gonna toss it down the river :eek:

no, dont toss it in the river. Try to turn the modem on reboot your pc and re try.
Make sure that your battery is not in your phone when in download mode.
Your device will be found eventually.
Its set to 3Q and DIAG?

I used a pc running windows xp. I have a L5 e610 and a L7 p705.
I used kdz many times till now.
it works. Something may be blocking your connection to the pc. Btw i didnt use the original LG cable. I used a cable from htc one. i did have the same phone not found problem.
But is different every time. I wish i could take a look at your device personally. Its a hard for me to figure out whats wrong like this.

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
no, dont toss it in the river. Try to turn the modem on reboot your pc and re try.
Its set to 3Q and DIAG?

it works. Something may be blocking your connection to the pc. Btw i didnt use the original LG cable. I used a cable from htc one. i did have the same phone not found problem.
But is different every time. I wish i could take a look at your device personally. Its a hard for me to figure out whats wrong like this.

Hey Nesh, two last questions!
first of all, the modem drivers are missing and I have disabled the modem. should I search for them (probably I have to install the LGModem firmware exe file)
also my computer does not detect the phone via adb.exe when I run adb devices. this clearly shows that it is a connection problem? shouldnt I be able to see the phone through adb before proceeding with the kdz updater

thanks a lot :good:

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
Hey Nesh, two last questions!
first of all, the modem drivers are missing and I have disabled the modem. should I search for them (probably I have to install the LGModem firmware exe file)
also my computer does not detect the phone via adb.exe when I run adb devices. this clearly shows that it is a connection problem? shouldnt I be able to see the phone through adb before proceeding with the kdz updater

thanks a lot :good:

wwwwwWWOOOW!!! :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::highfive:
after months of trying my phone and the usb drivers got enlightened by the easter spirit apparently and they found common ground.
this is what I did:
I used a new PC Windows XP based
Uninstalled completely every single android driver on my computer (I did that already before) - I was using Universal Adb drivers because this made FWUpdater to work last time. I first uninstalled the devices from the device manager and afterwards from the uninstall programs.
I spotted that the LG mobile modem driver was not installed.
Downloaded official drivers from LG site, specifically for my mobile.
connected my computer, let the drivers find communications and install phone as USB Composite device & modem as LGE Modem.
Disabled the LG Modem from device manager
Restart the PC
(I already had MSXML SP3 installed)
Disable antivirus
Run Windows enabler
Run KDZ_FW_UPD and patch the firmware :laugh:

the proccess hasnt finished yet but I dont think there will be a problem as this will most definately get me out of emergency download mode so I can install anything I want from the SDCard - I swear to god I will not mess again with usb drivers, ADB and KDZ FW Updater :fingers-crossed:

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
wwwwwWWOOOW!!! :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::highfive:
after months of trying my phone and the usb drivers got enlightened by the easter spirit apparently and they found common ground.
this is what I did:
I used a new PC Windows XP based
Uninstalled completely every single android driver on my computer (I did that already before) - I was using Universal Adb drivers because this made FWUpdater to work last time. I first uninstalled the devices from the device manager and afterwards from the uninstall programs.
I spotted that the LG mobile modem driver was not installed.
Downloaded official drivers from LG site, specifically for my mobile.
connected my computer, let the drivers find communications and install phone as USB Composite device & modem as LGE Modem.
Disabled the LG Modem from device manager
Restart the PC
(I already had MSXML SP3 installed)
Disable antivirus
Run Windows enabler
Run KDZ_FW_UPD and patch the firmware :laugh:

the proccess hasnt finished yet but I dont think there will be a problem as this will most definately get me out of emergency download mode so I can install anything I want from the SDCard - I swear to god I will not mess again with usb drivers, ADB and KDZ FW Updater :fingers-crossed:

hi friend, i honestly hope you managed to retrieve your device. If you got stuck on lg logo just factory reset. Your phone will boot normally

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
hi friend, i honestly hope you managed to retrieve your device. If you got stuck on lg logo just factory reset. Your phone will boot normally

yeap, its all good right now! I d like to thank u one more time for the tips and the courage u gave me, hah ;)
im running CM10.1 now. I tried to flash CM11 first, but it failed.
-sorry for going offtopic, but as someone with experience on the E610, would you recommend flashing CM11 beta 4 (http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7/development/l5-cyanogenmod-11-t3042615) ? Will it slow down, my phone-battery drain and have any more issues? whats ur opinion on that?

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
yeap, its all good right now! I d like to thank u one more time for the tips and the courage u gave me, hah ;)
-sorry for going offtopic, but as someone with experience on the E610, would you recommend flashing CM11 beta 4 (http://xdaforums.com/optimus-l3-l5-l7/development/l5-cyanogenmod-11-t3042615) ? Will it slow down, my phone-battery drain and have any more issues? whats ur opinion on that?

cm 11 is recommended, cm11 sbp rom project and sbp caynhacker also. You can also flash the L speed mod by @Paget96 for better performance and battery life. I run my e610 on sbp rom project cm10 it is a really good rom.

And im glad i could help:)

Reactions: Paget96

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
cm 11 is recommended, cm11 sbp rom project and sbp caynhacker also. You can also flash the L speed mod by @Paget96 for better performance and battery life. I run my e610 on sbp rom project cm10 it is a really good rom.

I am running CM10.1 for some days now and I wouldnt say I am satisfied from the phone's speed after restoring my old apps+data from the Titanium Backup. (about 45 apps I'd say), although I've created partitions, swap etc.
I know that lots of apps make the phone run slow, but most of them are needed + I dont think they run on the background, so I cant understand the speed decrease... :confused:
Do you think flashing the CM11 and the Lspeed mod would make things run smoother and faster? :/ or should I switch back to CM10 ?

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
I am running CM10.1 for some days now and I wouldnt say I am satisfied from the phone's speed after restoring my old apps+data from the Titanium Backup. (about 45 apps I'd say), although I've created partitions, swap etc.
I know that lots of apps make the phone run slow, but most of them are needed + I dont think they run on the background, so I cant understand the speed decrease... :confused:
Do you think flashing the CM11 and the Lspeed mod would make things run smoother and faster? :/ or should I switch back to CM10 ?

L Speed mod is recommended for all devices and all roms, you just need to find the correct settings for your specific rom and device.
CM11 is smoother then CM10.
cm11 sometimes has bugs, cm10 does not. My recommendation is to try both cm10 and cm11 and flash the L Speed mod and try to find your optimal settings:)

tony.crete

Aug 25, 2012
L Speed mod is recommended for all devices and all roms, you just need to find the correct settings for your specific rom and device.
CM11 is smoother then CM10.
cm11 sometimes has bugs, cm10 does not. My recommendation is to try both cm10 and cm11 and flash the L Speed mod and try to find your optimal settings:)

can you recommend the optimal settings for L speed mod??
I have these shown in the picture bellow right now, I changed them a bit from the default, I also run battery calibration, but I still have some problems:
first of all there is a battery drain which is pretty bad, sometimes battery gets very low without even using the phone.
also my phone is really slow when using some apps, specially with multitasking. at first when I didnt install all the apps I am using it was really fast and stable, now even though I tried not to install so many apps, I am having a serious problems as phone lags so much, and many times I have to restart it.
I think that not having enough RAM is the problem of that, can you give any advice on that?

** edit: I have partitioned my card and also have swap. is there any chance my sd is slow and its slowing down the entire phone? :/ I have a Kingston SDHC 8gb

Attachments

• 4b72dbc3a8ea62975e914cacb1a80ecf355ab8e93ca173b14a0ae0e0eecac964.jpg
    4b72dbc3a8ea62975e914cacb1a80ecf355ab8e93ca173b14a0ae0e0eecac964.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2015-05-03-22-42-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-03-22-42-49.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Nesh89

Sep 27, 2014
Belgrade
can you recommend the optimal settings for L speed mod??
I have these shown in the picture bellow right now, I changed them a bit from the default, I also run battery calibration, but I still have some problems:
first of all there is a battery drain which is pretty bad, sometimes battery gets very low without even using the phone.
also my phone is really slow when using some apps, specially with multitasking. at first when I didnt install all the apps I am using it was really fast and stable, now even though I tried not to install so many apps, I am having a serious problems as phone lags so much, and many times I have to restart it.
I think that not having enough RAM is the problem of that, can you give any advice on that?

** edit: I have partitioned my card and also have swap. is there any chance my sd is slow and its slowing down the entire phone? :/ I have a Kingston SDHC 8gb

well every thing depends on the rom you using, i keep my settings at default. And im on cm10. My ram is always maxed out but when i use LS all i do is boost memory. Theres always a little lag. But my device works pretty well. No i dont think sd card is the issue. My battery darin is high to when i actively use my device. In deep sleep battery hardly drains. Your battery problem may be the battery it self, Samsung devices have a battery issue. The bat needs to be changed every 6 months. Iv bin using mine tow years now. But its still working well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bump!!!
    please guys any help here? :confused::confused:

That is normal.

ok now some qs...

thanks a lot again!
    Z

Its set to 3Q and DIAG?