[Q&A] [L5][E610/E612/E617][ROM][KTU84P][4.4.4][BETA 9.5] Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 B

Search This thread

Shervosky

Feb 2, 2015
Córdoba
Okay you should have said that earlier. You could have fixed it by now.

First thing you need to do is to switch recovery from cwm to twrp. -I guess cwm recovery doesn't have the fix permissions option. Or try looking for it. If this option is present in cwm, then you don't have to switch to twrp.

Anyway, on twrp there is a "fix permissions" option in the advanced section just click it upon flashing a ROM and that should resolve the issue.

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I was curious about your way of flashing a ROM. Based on your post it seems that you didn't wipe dalvik cache and system before instaling a ROM.

Anyway, BEFORE flashing a ROM

Do wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe data
Format system

Then flash the ROM

But the problem is i cant switch the recovery. I try with adb and terminal and kdz (for baseband) but not fix the problem

Scurzmann

Jul 10, 2014
Tagbilaran City
But the problem is i cant switch the recovery. I try with adb and terminal and kdz (for baseband) but not fix the problem

Dowload busybox first from playstore. Open it then click on install busybox on the main screen.

Edit: Download the recovery.img attached below. Then put the downloaded .img file onto the root of your sdcard/internal storage.

Now open your terminal
Type su
Then execute this
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

Then type reboot recovery
That's it:)

Attachments

• recovery.img
    7.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: Shervosky

Scurzmann

Jul 10, 2014
Tagbilaran City
@Shervosky
Hey bro I edited my post above to attach the latest 2.8.5.0 twrp recovery.img. and use that one instead.

Now proceed to flashing the ROM with full wipe, i.e. if twrp recovery is successfully installed.

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik
Wipe data/factory reset
Format system

Flash ROM

After successful installation don't reboot system yet. Go to advanced section at the bottom left on twrp main screen then click on "fix permissions".

Reboot system...

If ever the ROM still crashes and shows the UID thingy, then reboot to recovery and redo fixing permissions again. That should do the trick. Hope this helps bro:)

Last edited:

Shervosky

Feb 2, 2015
Córdoba
@Shervosky
Hey bro I edited my post above to attach the latest 2.8.5.0 twrp recovery.img. and use that one instead.

Now proceed to flashing the ROM with full wipe, i.e. if twrp recovery is successfully installed.

Reboot recovery

Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik
Wipe data/factory reset
Format system

Flash ROM

After successful installation don't reboot system yet. Go to advanced section at the bottom left on twrp main screen then click on "fix permissions".

Reboot system...

If ever the ROM still crashes and shows the UID thingy, then reboot to recovery and redo fixing permissions again. That should do the trick. Hope this helps bro:)

@junephel look here my problem http://youtu.be/hPiZXTDjAR0
Help! @junephel

Last edited:

SantiagoB

Aug 4, 2014
"deep sleep" with Beta 11

Everything works more than good with BETA 11 but with my e610 not working "deep sleep"

Pong99

Apr 5, 2015
Bandung
Cannot detect sim card

After flashing my l5 e610, my phone cannot detect the sim card there is no internet call or messages !! Any idea to help ??

numanbtn

May 20, 2015
kutahya
lg l5 cm11 bluetooh

I'm using lg l5 CM11a . I have skernel device . but do not listen to music bluetooht device. Apollo turns off when I connect directly . may cause .

peehbgs

Dec 6, 2014
Music Players don't find any music on phone/sd, i've tried everything in internet but nothing found, someone's help?
Sorry for my english.

Hebli03

Jul 4, 2015
Hello everyone
I need some help
When I tried to flash my device I got an error message
This package is for "e610" devices; this is a "m4". E:Error on /sdcard/cm-11-20131206-UNOFFICIAL-e610.zip (status 7) Installation aborted.
my device is e612 , even I tried to edit a file in :- rom zip - systems - build.prop (from e610 to e612)
still I'm having the same problem and same error too
need help
thank you :)

shravan srikanthan

Jul 19, 2015
after installing cyanogen mod in lg e612

Sir my name is S.shravan. I am living in India.
Few days back i changed from jelly bean to kiykat cyanogen mod(4.4.4)
after seeing ur forum page.I did everything but one thing is my sim card is nor detecting. i changed my sim to another phone.my sim was working.
i am stuck pls help me to solve my problem immediately.

Hebli03

Jul 4, 2015
i have tried to flash the CM 11 on my LG E612 but i get an error ( Error in sdcard/cm __somethnig__ .zip
(status 6)
Installation aborted.)
how to fix this ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable LPA.
    Mount system as read/write
    Edit /system/etc/init.lge.target.sh

Search for lpa and set it to false. Reboot
    Hi Developer,
    I have probably Beta 8 or 9 the not sure but the build is dated June 30th 2014 and is working fine.
    Just to confirm, do I have to only do the following to update to Beta 10? I mean, can I skip Wipe data and cache

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11:
    1. Boot into Recovery
    2. Flash CM11 zip
    3. Reboot

Yes you can just do that and it's safe. But (in case you may want/not know)a clean flash is always good to do to have a fresher os.
    i.e doing a factory reset/format sytem/cache/dalvik. Make sure you do backup your important data first before doing that.
    Flash beta 10
    Flash SKernel Final for a better performance
    Flash gapps
    Reboot
    And note that beta 10 has screen freezes issue you may encounter at times.
    i tried to change the boot screen animation . but since then i am having random reboots ? . plz help

Sent from my LG-E610 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maybe you forgot to change permissions.
    Then you need other phone which can read microSD :)
    Put sd in that phone and connect it to PC
    Then go here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

Download aroma file manager,and move it to sd.
    Then put sd to that L5 and boot to recovery
    Go to mount&storage and mount system
    Go back,ang now go to install zip and launch Aroma file manager, that is like you flash rom or gapps.
    Now this is aroma,you see files like in every file manager :) ( idk, on L7 screen is upside down, and you must to concentrate to do enything)
    Now go to /system/media and see permissions of bootanimation.zip,permission must be -rw-r--r. Hold on bootanimation, then menu will popup, go to permissions and change it...

Or you maybe try some custom bootanimations which is not suitable for that screen (better resolution bootanimations designed for bigger screens)
    Then you use zip file of rom that you have right now, pit that zip on pc and extract bootanimation.zip from /system/media
    Put it to sd like aroma file manager before :)
    Do all the same :)
    But now when you go to aroma fm (don't forget to mount system)
    Go to system/mediA delete bootanimation
    Then go to sdcard hold on (new) bootanimation and click on copy, then copy back to /system/media and set permissions.
    Go back wipe cache
    And dalvik-cache, both just in case.
    And rebooot device.

Thats it,sorry I can't explain better.
    If you have too much on device, better do this( you don't lose enything)
    Good luck
    Skernel final is undeniably the best kernel for L5 running cm11.
    Anyway, what do you think @skyinfo which kernel should he use for his e617 for best results, will it be the one for e610 or the one for the e612?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1790342

You can use e610 but you will lose NFC.
    Or also you can try e612.
    Always make backup(that is good choice)
    Then try everything on the device

Goodluck with flashing
    Now this happen
    View attachment 3148533View attachment 3148534

i Try reinstall rom but i dont know why i cant (try beta 9.5, cm10, beta 10) nothing happen start again in the crashed rom
    I start in recovery mode, wipe factory restore, cache, dalvik.. format systema, data, etc but nothing happend
    and.. cant install app from play store or sdcard (message android.media and android.process.acore stop work)

Someone can help me?

Redo a clean flash
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Format system/boot

Flash beta10
    Flash skernel final
    Reboot
    Boot to recovery
    Flash pico gapps(proper)
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Reboot