FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][E610/P700][Built from Source]CarbonRom

7th April 2015, 06:38 PM |#41  
Flag Zenica
Thanks Meter: 1

More
That would be great, in that case make it count since it will be your last release for our phone...

7th April 2015, 07:38 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidasaidas75

maybe will release last version with bln and some bugs fixed

I've been using LG Notification app for bln, but uses battery 2x faster when not greenified. It causes many wake locks, but haven't yet found the real culprit preventing deep sleep (could be xposed modules or greenify)
I'm ready to flash the new version of this ROM and will return the device to stock first. I've regretted installing SuperSU persistent on the system many ROMs ago and was happier when it was managed as a regular system app I could backup and restore with TB and not an unpredictable ghost app.
Last edited by ssurell; 8th April 2015 at 12:29 AM.
8th April 2015, 12:01 AM |#43  

More
SKernel M3 working on Carbon 20150329-1956-e610
After updating Carbon to CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150329-1956-e610: Flashed the latest SKernel and performs outstanding! No artifacts or distorted animations at all.
I then set all animation transitions to 0 and forced GPU 2D rendering, and ginger snaps like a mad redhead. The device quickly began taking advantage of the 61MHz clock speed setting as well without any noticeable lag. I was able to upgrade i/o scheduler to sioPlus to use with SmartassH3 and gives good balance of efficiency and performance.
Last edited by ssurell; Today at 02:49 AM.
8th April 2015, 03:20 AM |#44  

More
Thumbs up ART runtime working
ART runtime is working on both Carbon versions: "CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140712-1049-e610" and "CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20150329-1956-e610"
Last edited by ssurell; Today at 02:14 AM.
8th April 2015, 07:44 PM |#45  

More
Info 2 Torch flashlight bug v20150329-1956-e610
This is why I baled on the Pecan based ROMs and started using Carbon. Now it's broken in the flashlight department:
The CM torch is useless dim, no flash when recording video, 3rd party torch apps don't work.

Returning to previous version CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140712-1049-e610. I'll host the original ROM since there's no link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...00&usp=sharing
Last edited by ssurell; Today at 02:45 AM.
Today, 03:01 AM |#46  

More
Info 2 Recommend: Turn off persitence #1 step.
I have narrowed down some hairy setup issues related to Carbon's persistence settings checked by default after flashing clean. It causes some system settings to not stick after reboot and worse when updating system and apps with root access. I'm done with all persistence settings because it's a time bomb waiting to mess up the system.
I would uncheck those 3 Persistence settings located under Carbon Fibers before updating BusyBox or anything else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread