FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

[ROM][4.4.4][KitKat][E610/P700][Built from Source]CarbonRom

486 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,129

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th June 2015, 04:18 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Thumbs up this is IT, thee 4.4.4 ROM
Now using the newest Slim gapps and working perfectly. I've actually gotten Google to cooperate with this ROM and the phone runs fantastic overclocked, xposed, you name it. Titanium Backup doesn't hang when converting user apps into system, updating BusyBox a cinch. CM torch is more of a nightlight, but 3rd party torch apps are bright, including Xposed Wanam hardware button torch by longpress up volume. I've disabled the hardware home wake and now only power wakes and then use home to unlock. It hasn't done anything in my pocket yet. So yes, lots of customizations and a dark switch.
Unfortunately, Google services randomly updates itself and after having some 120 MB to play with on the system, it plunges to 20 MB; kicking Maps, Hangouts, and Hangouts dialer off the system, with some kind of placeholder pretending to be installed until you go to the Play Store and update it as a user app. The Gservices update service seemed to run for 2 days straight. I was about to do a deep sleep patch from recovery when it finally stopped running. Maybe because I Greenified it IDK.
I did get spoiled with PacMan features, but it has a major wifi bug. Working hardware is the basic necessity of a daily driver, the tweaks are and utilities are cool, but not as practical.
Last edited by ssurell; 16th June 2015 at 05:48 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread