This is getting kind of ridiculous

OP Im_Roy

8th August 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
I am at the verge of tears, i am frustrated... to say the least.. this is my story:

Last year i bought 2 LG P768 phones, one for me, one for my wife. I decided to root and update mine, i did it with this thread right here and after hours of work and bricking my phone one i did it.. it was like 2 hours of work.. but the thread was explained for noobs like me, which was super cool because even where i was failing the OP explained what other stuff i could do!, problem is my wife wants to upgrade her phone now, and apparently that thread is too old, so, it redirects me to another thread, now, the other thread says how to root without a pc and stuff like that, i have two computer so it doesn't matter if i need a pc or not, then it gets tricky, it ROOTS but doesn't upgrade the software...when i want to upgrade the software it says i have to unlock bootloader, to unlock bootloader i have to flash the cwm and to flash cwm i have to download it, the problem is, no thread says how to flash the cwm for lp p768, ok, not a problem i google it, i flash the cwm, then when i try to update the software it says

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot
Profit

.. now.. im not a noob in computer and/or phones.. but i hate it when they cant be more specific or give instructions or AT LEAST point out to a thread that explain how to... i bricked the phone 3 different times in 3 different ways.. now.. after literally 72 hours of trying... i am done with this,,, i only rooted the phone which apparently is the easiest thing to do, im not complaining about the devs, its cool that they are doing this stuff for us, im just saying that some tutorials should be more user friendly, because for noobs like me, is a pain in the ass to do squat.. oh and i tried to do the update with the method i used with my phone last year and apparently the software is not compatible anymore... i have no idea why... i cannot update the software from 10a to 20a at least...
again.. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT AGAINST DEVS i thank them for their work.. but if any one of you guys managed to do it, please contribute with a step by step guide.. or at least let us know WHAT SHOULD WE DO FIRST! i have no idea if i should unlock bl or flash or root or update first.. ... thank you
11th August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,885

2,440 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Roy

I am at the verge of tears, i am frustrated... to say the least.. this is my story:

Last year i bought 2 LG P768 phones, one for me, one for my wife. I decided to root and update mine, i did it with this thread right here and after hours of work and bricking my phone one i did it.. it was like 2 hours of work.. but the thread was explained for noobs like me, which was super cool because even where i was failing the OP explained what other stuff i could do!, problem is my wife wants to upgrade her phone now, and apparently that thread is too old, so, it redirects me to another thread, now, the other thread says how to root without a pc and stuff like that, i have two computer so it doesn't matter if i need a pc or not, then it gets tricky, it ROOTS but doesn't upgrade the software...when i want to upgrade the software it says i have to unlock bootloader, to unlock bootloader i have to flash the cwm and to flash cwm i have to download it, the problem is, no thread says how to flash the cwm for lp p768, ok, not a problem i google it, i flash the cwm, then when i try to update the software it says

Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot
Profit

.. now.. im not a noob in computer and/or phones.. but i hate it when they cant be more specific or give instructions or AT LEAST point out to a thread that explain how to... i bricked the phone 3 different times in 3 different ways.. now.. after literally 72 hours of trying... i am done with this,,, i only rooted the phone which apparently is the easiest thing to do, im not complaining about the devs, its cool that they are doing this stuff for us, im just saying that some tutorials should be more user friendly, because for noobs like me, is a pain in the ass to do squat.. oh and i tried to do the update with the method i used with my phone last year and apparently the software is not compatible anymore... i have no idea why... i cannot update the software from 10a to 20a at least...
again.. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT AGAINST DEVS i thank them for their work.. but if any one of you guys managed to do it, please contribute with a step by step guide.. or at least let us know WHAT SHOULD WE DO FIRST! i have no idea if i should unlock bl or flash or root or update first.. ... thank you

I have nooo idea what you really want... Is your bootloader unlocked already? If not, do it. Then root your device, install cwm or twrp or philz afterwards follow the steps above (Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot)
Have fun. Still dont get it? Read more. Still dont get it? Read again. Still dont get it? PM me or anyone else or post in this thread again with What EXACTLY u want? Not just bricked bricked and bricked again, now cant update? What to do? bootloader? Root? ROM? I really didnt understand what you wanted...
Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to N00BY0815 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread