[SOLVED] Kitkat builds on p768g

Search This thread

juankamq

Aug 16, 2012
Hello guys, i have a problem with almost all the builds of kitkat, all roms works fine but in none of them i can get wifi to work. when i tap in the network it asks for password, i type it in and inmediatelly it says "saved, secured with WEP" but it doesn't connects, the only ROM that i can get wifi working was artas128x CM11 but i found it extremelly buggy.

I'm wondering if anybody experienced that, i know that almost all of you have p760, but maybe can help me.

flashed the roms as usual
wipes
v20o baseband
every recovery for kitkat

thank you for taking your time.

Last edited:

puntoazul

Sep 28, 2013
Los Teques
Hello guys, i have a problem with almost all the builds of kitkat, all roms works fine but in none of them i can get wifi to work. when i tap in the network it asks for password, i type it in and inmediatelly it says "saved, secured with WEP" but it doesn't connects, the only ROM that i can get wifi working was artas128x CM11 but i found it extremelly buggy.

I'm wondering if anybody experienced that, i know that almost all of you have p760, but maybe can help me.

flashed the roms as usual
wipes
v20o baseband
every recovery for kitkat

thank you for taking your time.

try this

http://www.grupoandroid.com/topic/93817-cyanogenmod-11-for-lg-optimus-l9-442-p760765-768fix-patch/

juankamq

Aug 16, 2012
p768

Try this one

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2767105

Hit on 3rd P765, its actually P768

Its Official nameless KK 4.4.4

Gets updates daily,

flash it, if problem still exists, then post bug on thread, problem will be solved in next build

Best luck:good::good::good:

do you mean p768? i think that they fix the p765 thing in the post. Anyway i downloaded p768 version, i will test the rom and post results. Thanks Droideking:good:

EDIT
well, i just flashed the rom and again, wifi is not working, as said before it detects and ask for password but nothing.
i'm using 20C Baseband on p768g.

I can't post in thread because i don`t have the number of post required

Last edited:

Droideking

May 22, 2014
Mumbai
do you mean p768? i think that they fix the p765 thing in the post. Anyway i downloaded p768 version, i will test the rom and post results. Thanks Droideking:good:

EDIT
well, i just flashed the rom and again, wifi is not working, as said before it detects and ask for password but nothing.
i'm using 20C Baseband on p768g.

I can't post in thread because i don`t have the number of post required

try changing regions in wifi setting,

go to wifi settings

tap on menu icons

find regions setting tab

try various regions

hope this will fix ur problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device: Lg L9 P765
Version: Nameless 4.4.4 by dhiru
Recovery: CMW 6.0.4.5
Baseband: V20C

no_un_bot

May 20, 2014
Guadalajara
Other than a fill wipe reinstall and trying all of the above, I'd recommend checking if this issue happens with all WiFi networks, and if you are able to connect to the troublesome network with other devices.
Are you given an IP address when the network is saved?
Are you sure that network is not running a MAC filter?
I'm assuming this is your network and you have access to the modem.
Do you see your device listed on the DHCP IP table/connected devices list?

Sent from my LG P768g / Bootloader Unlocked / Nameless ROM - KitKat 4.4.4 latest nightly / XDA premium 4. If you need any help hit me up, se habla español.

juankamq

Aug 16, 2012
wifi

Other than a fill wipe reinstall and trying all of the above, I'd recommend checking if this issue happens with all WiFi networks, and if you are able to connect to the troublesome network with other devices.
Are you given an IP address when the network is saved?
Are you sure that network is not running a MAC filter?
I'm assuming this is your network and you have access to the modem.
Do you see your device listed on the DHCP IP table/connected devices list?

Sent from my LG P768g / Bootloader Unlocked / Nameless ROM - KitKat 4.4.4 latest nightly / XDA premium 4. If you need any help hit me up, se habla español.

you are right, this is my home network and i'm shure there is no mac filter, i can connect to my network with my others devices, ipad, mac etc. The last thing that i'm going to do is reset my modem to stock with no password and i'll see if that works.

already tried the regions with the wifi.

Droideking

May 22, 2014
Mumbai
you are right, this is my home network and i'm shure there is no mac filter, i can connect to my network with my others devices, ipad, mac etc. The last thing that i'm going to do is reset my modem to stock with no password and i'll see if that works.

already tried the regions with the wifi.

Try changing security type before resetting modem

if u r on WEP then change to WPA

Some kitkat roms dont work with WEP

try this, still problem exists, then rest modem

juankamq

Aug 16, 2012
solved

Try changing security type before resetting modem

if u r on WEP then change to WPA

Some kitkat roms dont work with WEP

try this, still problem exists, then rest modem

Hello droideking, that is exactly what i did, i didn't know that kitkat roms cant work sith wep keys, changing to wpa solved my problem, thank you very much man

no_un_bot

May 20, 2014
Guadalajara
Hello droideking, that is exactly what i did, i didn't know that kitkat roms cant work sith wep keys, changing to wpa solved my problem, thank you very much man

Yo, WEp is the weakest kind of WiFi security, use WPA/PS2K, because nowadays theres tons of apps that crack WEP keys in a couple minutes, thus being vulnerable to internet thieves.
Also, if your modem has that WPS pairing thingy, look how to disable it because theres a new exploit to crack that kind of set ups.

juankamq

Aug 16, 2012
thank you

Yo, WEp is the weakest kind of WiFi security, use WPA/PS2K, because nowadays theres tons of apps that crack WEP keys in a couple minutes, thus being vulnerable to internet thieves.
Also, if your modem has that WPS pairing thingy, look how to disable it because theres a new exploit to crack that kind of set ups.

Thanks for the advice no_un_bot, i'll check my connection settings and i have to be shure that wps is disabled