Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG L9 Security Error - need help

Tip us?

sqnkov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] LG L9 Security Error - need help

Hello guys!

I have read everything here on this topic, but I have some questions that I need answered:

I used this "super easy" root method with that chinese application http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439667

I then used the root checker app and it said that the phone is rooted.

And then I used Flashify to flash a clockwork recovery image onto my LG L9 and it flashed okay, but when I rebooted the phone it said Security Error on the LG screen.

Please tell me there is a way to fix this without erasing all the data on the phone...........

Thank You very much in advance!

sqnkov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I somehow managed to install that firmware, but now everything is inverted and backwards. Touchscreen is barely functioning. Even the colors are not the same. I did a hard reset but it keeps on being inverted.

My phone have the T-Mobile logo on top, I dont know which kdz and from where should I download it.

mihai.apostu98
Old
(Last edited by mihai.apostu98; 14th September 2014 at 02:26 PM.) Reason: More instructions
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqnkov View Post
I somehow managed to install that firmware, but now everything is inverted and backwards. Touchscreen is barely functioning. Even the colors are not the same. I did a hard reset but it keeps on being inverted.

My phone have the T-Mobile logo on top, I dont know which kdz and from where should I download it.
Can you access "Backup" app by LG?

If so, make an backup of all you have in the phone, place it in your PC (or somewhere safe), connect your phone to PC, and install LG Mobile Support Tool. After it is installed, open it, click Options and then Upgrade Recovery.

All files and saves from the phone will be lost (except SD Card), but when the program finishes restoring system, you will be able to restore your saves, apps, settings etc. back.

Don't forget to backup and but it in your PC!

After restoring the system, put backup file back in your phone, then enter in "Backup" app, and then restore.

Hope it was clear

sqnkov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai.apostu98 View Post
Can you access "Backup" app by LG?

If so, make an backup of all you have in the phone, place it in your PC (or somewhere safe), connect your phone to PC, and install LG Mobile Support Tool. After it is installed, open it, click Options and then Upgrade Recovery.

All files and saves from the phone will be lost (except SD Card), but when the program finishes restoring system, you will be able to restore your saves, apps, settings etc. back.

Don't forget to backup and but it in your PC!

After restoring the system, put backup file back in your phone, then enter in "Backup" app, and then restore.

Hope it was clear
Yes, you were clear enough, but I CAN NOT access LG recovery neither I can NOT install Clockwork mod. The only thing I get is the inverted touchscreen phone and the S/W upgrade mode...

How can I install CWM or enter any kind of recovery??

This is my second day trying to fix this, I am getting mad.

P.S. I have backed up everthing before that.

mihai.apostu98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes, you were clear enough, but I CAN NOT access LG recovery neither I can NOT install Clockwork mod. The only thing I get is the inverted touchscreen phone and the S/W upgrade mode...

How can I install CWM or enter any kind of recovery??

This is my second day trying to fix this, I am getting mad.

P.S. I have backed up everthing before that.
So enter in S/W upgrade mode, then connect your phone to PC and do as i said. Install LG Mobile Support Tool, after installing open LG Mobile Support Tool, click Options, then click Upgrade Recovery (all this stuff is in LG Mobile Support Tool, not in your phone, your phone needs to be in S/W upgrade mode)

It will install official KDZ from LG servers to your phone, and it will be like new.

sqnkov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai.apostu98 View Post
So enter in S/W upgrade mode, then connect your phone to PC and do as i said. Install LG Mobile Support Tool, after installing open LG Mobile Support Tool, click Options, then click Upgrade Recovery (all this stuff is in LG Mobile Support Tool, not in your phone, your phone needs to be in S/W upgrade mode)

It will install official KDZ from LG servers to your phone, and it will be like new.
I understand this. But it doesn't do anything. I have to enter the IMEI for the Recovery Update to start, and after it connects the phone it stops at the download phase where the timer stops and NOTHING happens.

shirodkar8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Check the Driver

Quote:
I understand this. But it doesn't do anything. I have to enter the IMEI for the Recovery Update to start, and after it connects the phone it stops at the download phase where the timer stops and NOTHING happens.
Make sure your phone is being recognised under Devices in control panel.

Regards,
SS