[Question] Is there any hardware difference between the p760 and p769?

Search This thread

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Other than the obvious screen SIZE difference, is there anything that would stop me from just modifying the updater-script of a p760 rom and running it on the p769?

Radio firmware isn't an issue, so long as it's just mobile data that is affected.

ajbiz11

May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Yes there is. Compare the sources of ROMs built for both devices, and you'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Or I could have looked at the unlocking instructions for each device and noticed that the display is the major difference, but also the radios are different.
It has been FAR harder than it should be just to find a p760 V20B Europe Open kdz with an active download link.
I have V20C installed, but I can't find which bin to patch, and all I can find is a patched version of the Poland Open bin 11...but no Poland Open KDZ.

Worst part? I can obtain root with the restore method, but I can't get the bootstrap recovery to work!

EdwinMoq

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2014
Santo Domingo
Other than the obvious screen SIZE difference, is there anything that would stop me from just modifying the updater-script of a p760 rom and running it on the p769?

Radio firmware isn't an issue, so long as it's just mobile data that is affected.

I have made a ROM for both variants and I can tell you they are mostly the same. They have different screen size and different accelerometer/sensor, and P760 has NFC. That's why there are different vendor firmware for both.

It's not possible to just port an already compiled ROM from one to another since they use different kernels, but when compiling it from source it's quite quite easy to build for both variants.

Last edited: