Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] SIM Card Service Provider Locked

26th July 2014, 07:03 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have an Lg Optimus L9 P769 from MetroPcs; I want to switch to a different carrier,
but my phone is service provider locked. I called metropcs customer service to get the
unlock code, but I don't have service on my phone, so they won't give it to me. I read a
few threads that talked about this problem, and most said to buy a code from ebay; the
codes are cheap (around $2 USD), but I currently have $0 and don't get payed for two
weeks. So, is there any way I could unlock my phone without paying? Maybe through flashing it?
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
Would it be possible to call LG and get the unlock code?
Last edited by plinto; 26th July 2014 at 11:29 PM.
11th January 2015, 09:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am having the same problem, did you managed to unlock the sim card?

Thought it would be easier to unlock it, but seems all web pages charge for this service..
My phone is the LG L9 P768G

Quote:
Originally Posted by plinto

I have an Lg Optimus L9 P769 from MetroPcs; I want to switch to a different carrier,
but my phone is service provider locked. I called metropcs customer service to get the
unlock code, but I don't have service on my phone, so they won't give it to me. I read a
few threads that talked about this problem, and most said to buy a code from ebay; the
codes are cheap (around $2 USD), but I currently have $0 and don't get payed for two
weeks. So, is there any way I could unlock my phone without paying? Maybe through flashing it?
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT:
Would it be possible to call LG and get the unlock code?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread