[Q] ADB "device not found" after "adb reboot recovery"

Search This thread

edgett

Feb 22, 2006
I am trying to install the Cynogenmod 12 ROM on my Ouya. One of the prerequisites is the Ouya Bootmenu, which requires a recent ClockworkMod to be installed.

I have ADB installed.

On my Windows PC, I type "adb reboot recovery" and my Ouya reboots to a screen that says OUYA with a red exclamation mark.

On the OUYA, I hit my HOME key, and select to sideload from ADB. Yellow text appears on my OUYA screen that says "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>" ..."

Back on the Windows PC, I try typing "adb sideload recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.8-ouya.zip" and get "error: device not found".

It appears that the OUYA isn't visible to the PC when it is in recovery mode, which seems to be a bit of a problem.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
Well you might get told this is the wrong section for this question but I'll just try and answer here.. The red ! is stock recovery so sideloading probably won't work, you'll have to follow instructions HERE to ensure adb is working and superuser is good, then I personally used the manual method HERE to get CMW installed, finally you just flash the boot menu zip and you're good to go!

edgett

Feb 22, 2006
The issue was that the CWM was getting over written every time the OUYA booted.

By deleting all the partitions, and then installing Bootmenu, CWM, and the new ROM without rebooting I kept it from doing that.