Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Source code for all apps gridview

Tip us?

Asadullah
Old
(Last edited by Asadullah; 9th July 2014 at 05:55 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Default Source code for all apps gridview

Here's the source code to a gridview that displays all installed apps. It's a very cut up version of the home sample that you find in the android sdk but it could help out if your trying to build an app launcher. If you look inside the startingpoint class you can see how I was gonna implement categories.

https://github.com/asadullahibnrob/TheButton

Asadullah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
I just added a small update. I'm wondering if I could get some one to test it before I go on. I added a power button (it requires root) that should just power off the ouya. Also a button (the lock looking button) that should launch the discover apps section. Also the all apps button when clicked should only show the games that you have installed. You might think that it's strange but if everything works I'm gonna start on my new UI which will be alot different but has categories. I know this is kinda strange but I drew a print of how the ui will look when complete (it helps me put it together) if anyone wants to see I'll upload a pic.

Anyways new beta in first post.

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'll try to test this out for you today. It's nice seeing someone working on another launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajb999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Asadullah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288
Alright so this is pretty much dead I was able to do some of the things I wanted but to be honest I would have to buy a new ouya and use the ouya odk to get the full size ouya icon. But what I'll do to help others is release the source code to a gridview that displays all installed apps. I think that will be the best thing to help others out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asadullah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]