Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Launcher idea request

Tip us?

Nx Biotic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 844

DONATE TO ME
Default New Launcher idea request

Im thinking about putting together a new launcher exclusively for the Ouya. I see a few have arised but died over time so id like to build one that gets alot of users and support.
Just wanna see these forums spark up. We have a great device but appearance and style is important to alot of people so i think thats why alot of people look down on the ouya.

It will only be for stock firmware and for both rooted/non-rooted users and work beside the ouya store launcher.

Id like to see some request and il see what i can put together. Its a game console, not a tablet, not a phone and all those 3rd party launchers make it feel more like an original device and not a console

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
Quote:
"No matter how much mud slinging and flaming that happens, competent devs shouldn't be banned. That's straight-up bs."
--Device History--
  • HTC ONE M8
  • OUYA
  • Galaxy Tab3
  • HTC ONE M7
  • Droid Razr
  • Xperia U
  • LG Ally

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nx Biotic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 84
That would be great, I'm looking forward to try this. Anytime you want to test something, please let me know...
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadshawki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brandogg
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I think XBMC (for the most part) is the ideal "launcher" for any console. Really the stock Ouya launcher is pretty good, at least in terms of appearance. I'd be happy to test a launcher (or possibly contribute) as well. I've written a few Android apps, no launchers though. I'll be done with summer classes in a couple weeks (still work full time though), so I could definitely lend a hand if you wanted.
The Following User Says Thank You to brandogg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toxicbubbles
Old
(Last edited by toxicbubbles; 4th July 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Take a look at custom ouya launcher which was really great replacement for the stock launcher unfortunately it's not updated any more but I think it did a lot of things right, more customisation would have been nice, like reordering apps but the dev stopped updating. Here's a link to the old forum
http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?...-OUYA-Launcher
I still use this over the stock launcher
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to toxicbubbles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrnathanman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would love a launcher specifically for the ouya. The original launcher has no options and limited capability. It would be nice to have a custom launcher with the ouya discover store integrated... But I know that is probably a ton of work. So just a good "TV oriented" launcher would be really nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrnathanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJ-KwiK
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnathanman View Post
I would love a launcher specifically for the ouya. The original launcher has no options and limited capability. It would be nice to have a custom launcher with the ouya discover store integrated... But I know that is probably a ton of work. So just a good "TV oriented" launcher would be really nice.
A lot of android TV top boxes could use a good TV oriented launcher. Why limit the launcher to just the Ouya? There are a few in the play store, but none seem up-to-snuff.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Premium HD app