Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sideload Ouya Store on any android Device

Tip us?

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 13th July 2014 at 04:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Sideload Ouya Store on any android Device

i originally posted the steps on the thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...re-tv-t2806575

I was able to install the Ouya store on the Amazon Fire TV but you can grab those apks and install it on any android device, press the home key and select the ouya launcher (there is an ouya app that gets install that wont work because it checks your device) log in with your Outa account.
The Following User Says Thank You to mejdam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
i originally posted the steps on the thread below
http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...re-tv-t2806575

I was able to install the Ouya store on the Amazon Fire TV but you can grab those apks and install it on any android device, press the home key and select the ouya launcher (there is an ouya app that gets install that wont work best it checks your device) log in with your Outa account.
Amazing work. I used it to install it to my Note 3. It worked fine and I can install games and everything. Only one problem; the controller is completely messed up. Is there anyway to properly configure the controller, so that the "O" is actually "O", etc...?
Thanks in advance...

ajb999
Old
(Last edited by ajb999; 13th July 2014 at 12:35 AM.) Reason: added link
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadshawki View Post
Amazing work. I used it to install it to my Note 3. It worked fine and I can install games and everything. Only one problem; the controller is completely messed up. Is there anyway to properly configure the controller, so that the "O" is actually "O", etc...?
Thanks in advance...
You need to be rooted. Copy the OUYA controller kl file to your system/usr/keylayout/ folder on your note then reboot. That should map your OUYA controller the same on your device as it is on the OUYA.

Here's a link to download the kl file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9m...it?usp=sharing

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I went to the keylayout folder on the OUYA and founds many kl files, which one should I transfer to my phone?

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I added a download link to my post above. I believe it is vendor_2836_product_0001.kl.

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
I added a download link to my post above. I believe it is vendor_2836_product_0001.kl.
I don't know how to thank you, I would have never guessed...

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
I added the file but do I need to delete the rest of the files? I tried to play The Amazing Frog (the kids love it), but the frog keeps rounding around itself and the L and R buttons do not work as supposed. I will still try to other games and report back...

ajb999
Old
(Last edited by ajb999; 13th July 2014 at 05:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Make sure you put the file in the correct location then reboot. The kl file won't be loaded until you have restarted your device. I've only tried 10-15 games on my tablet so far but haven't ran into any problems yet. Don't delete any of the other files, they are for different controllers.

ahmadshawki
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Make sure you put the file in the correct location then reboot. The kl file won't be loaded until you have restarted your device. I've only tried 10-15 games on my tablet so far but haven't ran into any problems yet. Don't delete any of the other files, they are for different controllers.
I found out what I was doing wrong; the permissions of the kl file. They were totally off and when I when I changed them to rw-r--r-- , it went fine and everything worked great.
The problem is still in the menu button. It goes directly to the home screen, but that's pretty much acceptable at this point.
Again, I wanna say thank you so much for your support...

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Somehow I've never had that problem. I haven't had the permissions change on me when copying. It's always been my own file though used through the cloud so maybe that has something to do with it. Glad you got it working.

On a side note. My nexus 5 running android l didn't like the ouya launcher. Probably because of art. The first time I ended up in a boot loop but it could have also been a combination of me messing with other stuff too.