Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WWE Network

Tip us?

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 16th August 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default WWE Network

I saw that WWE Network App came out for the Amazon Fire TV, has anyone attempted to sideload that apk to the ouya?

Looks like its tied to the amazon app store app, it wont launch unless you have the amazon app store installed.

UPDATED Got it to work outside of the fire tv:
Modified the apk to work on other android devices. i belive it only works on 4.2 and above (Sorry Ouya stock people)

*Updated with 1.0.1 Version*
Download Here

Hope this isnt against any forum rules. the application is free and wont work unless the person pays for WWE Network Subscription. Which i DO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mejdam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

penskyc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
I saw that WWE Network App came out for the Amazon Fire TV, has anyone attempted to sideload that apk to the ouya?

Looks like its tied to the amazon app store app, it wont launch unless you have the amazon app store installed.
anyone? I have an android 4.4.2 box and this is basically the only app i care about that i cannot get to work, assuming the fire tv one would work flawlessly!

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 12th August 2014 at 07:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by penskyc View Post
anyone? I have an android 4.4.2 box and this is basically the only app i care about that i cannot get to work, assuming the fire tv one would work flawlessly!
i modified the apk to play on other boxes but it needs android 4.2. so i cant test on the ouya (4.1) Will you be willing to test the apk for me? Link on the first post.

penskyc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
i modified the apk to play on other boxes but it needs android 4.2. so i cant test on the ouya (4.1) Will you be willing to test the apk for me? Link on the first post.
I actually have another post up on the amazon fire tv forums asking for an extraction and someone was kind enough to provide the apk for me, since i 'bought' the app on the web app store despite not hacing a device able to run it and also having the amazon app store on the device, i was able to run it. i did have lots of issues and while video technically works, i was not able to pause fast forward etc only go back here is the post:

Quote:
So i was able to purchase/own the wwe network app from the online amazon store despite me not technically having a device it would run on, this box can also install the amazon app store no problem, though it obviously only sees the android wwe network app and not this one.. GOOD NEWS is that the app is working on my account! its def a bit wonky but i am hoping it is some stuff i can fix with some DPI xposed changes or something of the like, thanks so much very appreciated, and def works!!
So what exactly did u modify in the file? if it is to just get it to run, i have that already, if it is dpi changes or anything like that.. than it may be worht checking out!

mejdam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by penskyc View Post
I actually have another post up on the amazon fire tv forums asking for an extraction and someone was kind enough to provide the apk for me, since i 'bought' the app on the web app store despite not hacing a device able to run it and also having the amazon app store on the device, i was able to run it. i did have lots of issues and while video technically works, i was not able to pause fast forward etc only go back here is the post:

So what exactly did u modify in the file? if it is to just get it to run, i have that already, if it is dpi changes or anything like that.. than it may be worht checking out!
this apk is modified so amazon app store isnt required. i havent tested is another box but it worked on my Samsung s5.

penskyc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
You were able to view other tabs besides home? Even on my HTC one m8 the homepage looks fine but the images dont load on the other tabs. Such as shows and schedule

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

o-I-c
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
this apk is modified so amazon app store isnt required. i havent tested is another box but it worked on my Samsung s5.
Howdy from the FireTv Thread
Did you have a chance to test it on a Fire TV
After Root app still not playing
Will show whats on stills what I can watch, all menus ok
Plays the warning
Plays the PG 14 warning a bit jerky with sound
then error playing this video.

Cheers

penskyc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by o-I-c View Post
Howdy from the FireTv Thread
Did you have a chance to test it on a Fire TV
After Root app still not playing
Will show whats on stills what I can watch, all menus ok
Plays the warning
Plays the PG 14 warning a bit jerky with sound
then error playing this video.

Cheers
I started to have this issue on my Tronsmart android tv box shortly before summerslam it stopped working and is still not, maybe there was an update to the app and i twas not updated here?