Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fire TV Netflix

Tip us?

Snoman002
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Fire TV Netflix

Its been a while so maybe I'm out of date, but has anybody tried the Nexflix app for the Fire TV on the Ouya?

I know previously the Netflix app was barely usable, but the Fire version seems better for a remote interface.

ajb999
Old
(Last edited by ajb999; 6th June 2014 at 01:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I am curious about this as well. Have been looking for a copy of the apk to try but no luck so far. Maybe someone on the forum has a FireTV and would be willing to supply a copy of the Netflix apk. I have seen that the OUYA controller works good with the FireTV so there this could be a good alternative to what versions we have to sideload now.

Edit: It will load but just sits on the Netflix loading screen with no data traffic.

mejdam
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
Its been a while so maybe I'm out of date, but has anybody tried the Nexflix app for the Fire TV on the Ouya?

I know previously the Netflix app was barely usable, but the Fire version seems better for a remote interface.
Here is firetv Netflix apk
LINK

elmerohueso
Old
Thanks Meter 130

DONATE TO ME
Decided I'd take a crack at this.
I copied the following from the FTV to the same locations on the OUYA (I also changed the build and version in build.prop):
/data/app/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1.apk (chmod 644)
created directory /data/app-lib (chmod 711)
created directory /data/app-lib/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1 (chmod 755)
/data/app-lib/org.chromium.content_shell_apk-1/libcontent_shell_content_view.so (chmod 755)
/system/app/WebCryptoTZService.apk (chmod 644)
/system/app/WebCryptoTZService.odex (chmod 644)
/system/lib/libwebcryptotz.so (chmod 644)
/system/app/AmazonApps_420005110.apk (chmod 644)
/system/lib/liblatency.so (chmod 644)

Still just hangs on the Netflix loading screen. Logcat says "W/ActivityManager( 324): Unable to start service Intent { act=com.amazon.tz.webcrypto }: not found". LOGCAT

Ideas?
Like my work? Did I help you? I like pizza, and keeping my wife happy. Donations are appreciated.

limker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If i use CyanogenMOD ROM, would i'll be able to run this app without problem?

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by limker View Post
If i use CyanogenMOD ROM, would i'll be able to run this app without problem?
The app calls for a bunch of stuff that is not on the OUYA. At this point it won't work no matter what ROM you are running.

peppy6582
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Try these

I have an apk with the store check removed, and also those other files installed.

But there is still an issue even with all of this. The app tries to connect to netflix through a very secure url that includes your build_id, build_time, version_release and version_incremental from the build.prop file. I have tried spoofing these, from the Fire TV build.prop, but it results in a boot loop.

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppy6582 View Post
I have an apk with the store check removed, and also those other files installed.

But there is still an issue even with all of this. The app tries to connect to netflix through a very secure url that includes your build_id, build_time, version_release and version_incremental from the build.prop file. I have tried spoofing these, from the Fire TV build.prop, but it results in a boot loop.
The app does a boot loop or your ouya? Were you changing your ouya build prop?

peppy6582
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
The app does a boot loop or your ouya? Were you changing your ouya build prop?
Changed the build.prop and the ouya bootloops

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppy6582 View Post
Changed the build.prop and the ouya bootloops
It's too bad an app like market helper doesn't support firetv. Would be a safer way than changing your build.prop permanently. Were you able to get your ouya working again?