FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Android

445 posts
Thanks Meter: 268

By mybook4, Senior Member on 23rd December 2014, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It seems that an Android port of KOTOR was released. It lists full HID controller support. Has anyone tried sideloading this on the Ouya?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ble_on_android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

30th December 2014, 05:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybook4

It seems that an Android port of KOTOR was released. It lists full HID controller support. Has anyone tried sideloading this on the Ouya?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ble_on_android

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried. The app will show the splash screen and crash. It isn't a matter of it not being from the play store either because I have the play store on my ouya. A shame really because I bought it in hopes of getting it on ouya. The only other device of mine it works with is a galaxy s3 with a busted screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to chadmasta5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chadmasta5 Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 04:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmasta5

I tried. The app will show the splash screen and crash. It isn't a matter of it not being from the play store either because I have the play store on my ouya. A shame really because I bought it in hopes of getting it on ouya. The only other device of mine it works with is a galaxy s3 with a busted screen.

I tried sideloading it after I installed AOSP 5.0 - Good news. It launches the game. I'm still having trouble with AOSP, so i didn't do much, but it seemed to play ok.

EDIT: I think i figured out why it crashes at startup for other roms. So when i got it running initially on AOSP, it had my ouya plugged into a 1920x1200 monitor and i don't think it knew what to do, so it was running at like 640x480. I then plugged in my ouya to a tv and it started at 1080p. When I tried running Kotor again, it crashed at startup as reported by others.

I added the following to the ini file in /sdcard/Android/data/com.aspyr.swkotor/files/swkotor.ini under [Graphics Options]
Height=480
Width=840

This will allow the game to run. I played for a while, and it seemed ok. It is a bit slow, so we may want to try a lower resolution. The ouya may be getting too dated to play this very well.

One problem I ran into is that the ouya controller doesn't seem to be mapped correctly on AOSP. the triggers were mapped to look left and right as well as switch characters and pause. You have to hold the left trigger half way down to stop the camera from moving and hope it doesnt pause the game or switch characters while you are playing haha. It would be frustrating playing for too long without a fix.
Last edited by darthcircuit; 4th January 2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Add resolution details
8th January 2015, 07:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Running fine on cm11 port. Hope this helps.
9th January 2015, 07:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Phone Zopo Zp980+
My device isn't supported but i intstalled the apk and data and it worked. But after i installed a New Version of the Custom ROM. And when i want to install the apk the error shows up that the APP couldn't be installed. Now i usw the Custom Rom Masapra Rom v10 Wirth Android 4.2.2. Can anyone help me that i can play that game AGAIN in my divice.
Thanks,
Tobias

PS:Sorry for my (probably) bad english
14th January 2016, 03:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
if someone play this and have white texture
install GLtools apk , and enable GLSL shader for the texture
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)