Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

third party controllers

Tip us?

guides
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default third party controllers

Hi,

I have successfully configured my third party controller to work with OUYA, but when I disconnect the stock OUYA controller, it always appear a message to pair a controller, and didn't disappear.

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks for all.

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by guides View Post
Hi,

I have successfully configured my third party controller to work with OUYA, but when I disconnect the stock OUYA controller, it always appear a message to pair a controller, and didn't disappear.

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks for all.
Is it a USB or Bluetooth controller?

guides
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb999 View Post
Is it a USB or Bluetooth controller?
Hi, it is a USB controller.

ajb999
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Does your USB controller show up as a controller icon when it is connected? Top/left. Some USB controllers just don't play nice with the OUYA. Are you able to play 2 player games with it? Try downloading/installing keytest.apk and seeing what kind of inputs its the ouya is receiving from it.

Every controller is different depending on what type of encoder it uses. This changes what type of device your OUYA sees it as. Also what of default keys it sends to the OUYA.

Did you make a custom kl to configure your usb controller? If no how did you go about this?

Hope this helps. If not maybe with a little more info I can help you get it figured out.