Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CIFS or NFS support?

Tip us?

phin586
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Default CIFS or NFS support?

I would like to connect my OUYA to either NFS or CIFS shares. It doesnt seem to handle this nativiely. I have tried busybox and it is no avail for nfs shares (preferred) and cifs manager i keep getting an invalid device.

Any howtos on how to do this? This would make my rom life a heck of a lot better

leonardopires
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phin586 View Post
I would like to connect my OUYA to either NFS or CIFS shares. It doesnt seem to handle this nativiely. I have tried busybox and it is no avail for nfs shares (preferred) and cifs manager i keep getting an invalid device.

Any howtos on how to do this? This would make my rom life a heck of a lot better

Hi friend. My english is not too good but i'll try to explain what i did.

At default ouya's kernel i was not able to use nfs version 3 or 4, only nfs version 2. the cifs didn't work

i compiled the ouya's kernel and enable the cifs and nfs on it because i use ouya as a media center running XBMC.

so i build a bzimage kernel and flash it to ouya using flashboot. i needed to unzip the newest ouya firmware and pick the ramdisk file to flash too.

if you only flash the bzimage you ouya will not work. so i flash the bzimage and the ramdisk files with the same command.

after flash i reboot my ouya and it works like a charm!

i was able to mount my nfs shares using nfs v3. not using xmbc but using the adb with shell...