OP phin586

25th June 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 23

275 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would like to connect my OUYA to either NFS or CIFS shares. It doesnt seem to handle this nativiely. I have tried busybox and it is no avail for nfs shares (preferred) and cifs manager i keep getting an invalid device.

Any howtos on how to do this? This would make my rom life a heck of a lot better
26th June 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phin586

I would like to connect my OUYA to either NFS or CIFS shares. It doesnt seem to handle this nativiely. I have tried busybox and it is no avail for nfs shares (preferred) and cifs manager i keep getting an invalid device.

Any howtos on how to do this? This would make my rom life a heck of a lot better

Hi friend. My english is not too good but i'll try to explain what i did.

At default ouya's kernel i was not able to use nfs version 3 or 4, only nfs version 2. the cifs didn't work

i compiled the ouya's kernel and enable the cifs and nfs on it because i use ouya as a media center running XBMC.

so i build a bzimage kernel and flash it to ouya using flashboot. i needed to unzip the newest ouya firmware and pick the ramdisk file to flash too.

if you only flash the bzimage you ouya will not work. so i flash the bzimage and the ramdisk files with the same command.

after flash i reboot my ouya and it works like a charm!

i was able to mount my nfs shares using nfs v3. not using xmbc but using the adb with shell...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread