Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Trying to install bootloader/ROM/kernel on Ouya, need assistance...

OP eximperialdragon

31st August 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

41 posts
So, a friend brought his Ouya over and asked me to root it and install a new kernel on it, telling me the one(s) he wanted was this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2624039

My problem is, when installing the bootloader it seems the one that was downloaded was *not* the one with fastboot in it, which was my mistake. I need to install the newer version with fastboot in order to install the kernel (as far as I understand, as I've always flashed kernels in fastboot), but now when I type su in adb shell, it returns, "/sbin/sh: su not found." The Ouya starts into the bootloader and then recovery just fine, but I can't get it to do anything else at this moment.

I know I did something wrong, but how did I remove superuser access? I know I had it, because I was able to install the bootloader using the dd command. How can I fix this, if someone would be so kind as to assist?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread