No registration required

What happened to N7000 support?

OP Lister Of Smeg

8th November 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142

385 posts
Hi Guys,

Just curious as to why N7000 suddenly (well, a few months ago now) got dropped support from the PAC guys....???

I thought PACROM's were blind-built on the whole, much like how CM builds are... And providing it still has a device tree, it doesn't matter if their is no maintainer...??

Much like when PACROM went from JellyBean to KitKat, I believe someone from the official PAC team said, if it's supported under JB, it'll be continued supported under KK....

Even if it was dropped because their is no maintainer, why did the old builds have to disappear too...??? Odd??

Would be great to see it come back, ready for Lollipop builds... please someone, make it happen...

thanks, Lister
9th November 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag ?
Thanks Meter: 2,202

1,549 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Just curious as to why N7000 suddenly (well, a few months ago now) got dropped support from the PAC guys....???

I thought PACROM's were blind-built on the whole, much like how CM builds are... And providing it still has a device tree, it doesn't matter if their is no maintainer...??

Much like when PACROM went from JellyBean to KitKat, I believe someone from the official PAC team said, if it's supported under JB, it'll be continued supported under KK....

Even if it was dropped because their is no maintainer, why did the old builds have to disappear too...??? Odd??

Would be great to see it come back, ready for Lollipop builds... please someone, make it happen...

thanks, Lister

We never allowed blind-builds for PAC. Your maintainer probably didn't update his threads and that's why it got dropped from nightly.
9th November 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

385 posts
Angry
Hi Nick0703,

Thanks for the prompt reply... Oh, I see... So there will be no further updates, unless a new maintainer for N7000 makes an appearance...?? Who was the previous maintainer for N7000, if you can remember...?

Pity, would of been fun to see Android 5 PAC on N7000....

Cheers, Lister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0703

We never allowed blind-builds for PAC. Your maintainer probably didn't update his threads and that's why it got dropped from nightly.

10th November 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

385 posts
Hi @Nick0703,

Even though the rom files for our device had long been removed, even for old time sake?? I see our build /N7000 folder has now also gone...?

Any idea's who the previous maintainer was please...??

The last couple of releases, I've had to resort to dodgy Chinese builds for the i9220 device. Which, although they do work (and grateful to the Chinese person who builds them), they contain a lot of Chinese Apps.... and the Keyboard input method needs replacing after flashing...

It would be great to find a more solid and reliable maintainer....

Thanks, Lister
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread