Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 39,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Active stuck in Boot after flash

Tip us?

mootin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Xperia Active stuck in Boot after flash

Hi,

my sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

What went wrong?

Langes
Old
Thanks Meter 2,187

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootin View Post
Hi,

my sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

What went wrong?
You need to follow the below instructions as the partition layout of kk ROMs for your device is different to stock.
  • flash stock ftf
  • flash the kernel in the 443 Beta zip (boot.img)
  • reboot to recovery
  • goto mounts and storage and format:
    /system
    /data
    /cache
  • flash the ROM
  • flash gapps (optional)
  • reboot
  • enjoy
btw recovery is touch enabled, so you can use swipe gestures instead of volume keys

Device Honami (C6903) | ROM PAC 4.4.4 | Kernel CyanogenMod
Device Urushi (ST18a) | ROM PAC 4.4.4 | Kernel LegacyXperia

mootin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langes View Post
You need to follow the below instructions as the partition layout of kk ROMs for your device is different to stock.
  • flash stock ftf
  • flash the kernel in the 443 Beta zip (boot.img)
  • reboot to recovery
  • goto mounts and storage and format:
    /system
    /data
    /cache
  • flash the ROM
  • flash gapps (optional)
  • reboot
  • enjoy
btw recovery is touch enabled, so you can use swipe gestures instead of volume keys
boot.img was the issue. Flashed, but flashed the wrong one. Thanks for your assistance

I also flashed GApps 4.4.3 micro, now my keyboard (which is active in settings and the only one installed) is not working (can't see a keyboard when activating a text-entry (like play store login, texting, ...)