No registration required

Xperia Active stuck in Boot after flash

OP mootin

31st July 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,

my sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

What went wrong?
1st August 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sweet Spot
Thanks Meter: 2,450

1,500 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootin

Hi,

my sony xperia active was running Cyanogen Mod9, I wanted to install PacMan Rom. I downloaded pac_satsuma_4.4.3.Beta-1.0_20140608-215837.zip to /sdcard, booted into recovery mode, wiped the partitions and installed the zip. After the reboot, I am stuck in the "free xperia" bootscreen. After recovery to Cyanogen9 backup, I see the "free xperia" screen, which changes to the Cyanogen9 bootscreen, where I am stuck, too.

What went wrong?

You need to follow the below instructions as the partition layout of kk ROMs for your device is different to stock.
  • flash stock ftf
  • flash the kernel in the 443 Beta zip (boot.img)
  • reboot to recovery
  • goto mounts and storage and format:
    /system
    /data
    /cache
  • flash the ROM
  • flash gapps (optional)
  • reboot
  • enjoy
btw recovery is touch enabled, so you can use swipe gestures instead of volume keys
1st August 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langes

You need to follow the below instructions as the partition layout of kk ROMs for your device is different to stock.

• flash stock ftf
  • flash the kernel in the 443 Beta zip (boot.img)
  • reboot to recovery
  • goto mounts and storage and format:
    /system
    /data
    /cache
  • flash the ROM
  • flash gapps (optional)
  • reboot
  • enjoy
btw recovery is touch enabled, so you can use swipe gestures instead of volume keys

boot.img was the issue. Flashed, but flashed the wrong one. Thanks for your assistance

I also flashed GApps 4.4.3 micro, now my keyboard (which is active in settings and the only one installed) is not working (can't see a keyboard when activating a text-entry (like play store login, texting, ...)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread