Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] AT&T will not unlock my device even though it's LAW!

OP bullitt007

5th August 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm not an at&t customer. I purchased a Padfone X off of Amazon.com LLC for the non contract price of $584.69. I was suprised to find the device locked even though I bought the phone outright. After waiting for the President to sign into law the Unlocking Consumer Choice & Wireless Competition Act on August 1, 2014, I called today to have my device unlocked, only to be quoted their previous requirements on having a device unlocked. The people I talked to hadn't even heard of the Unlocking Consumer Choice & Wireless Competition Act and actually argued that a bill doesn't necessarily become law right after the President signs it ?? I'm not even American and I know this!
Anyone have any luck unlocking their device since the Bill was signed?
14th August 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Davenport, Florida, United States
Thanks Meter: 20

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt007

I'm not an at&t customer. I purchased a Padfone X off of Amazon.com LLC for the non contract price of $584.69. I was suprised to find the device locked even though I bought the phone outright. After waiting for the President to sign into law the Unlocking Consumer Choice & Wireless Competition Act on August 1, 2014, I called today to have my device unlocked, only to be quoted their previous requirements on having a device unlocked. The people I talked to hadn't even heard of the Unlocking Consumer Choice & Wireless Competition Act and actually argued that a bill doesn't necessarily become law right after the President signs it ?? I'm not even American and I know this!
Anyone have any luck unlocking their device since the Bill was signed?

The bill doesn't require AT&T to unlock their handsets, what the bill does is allow you to legally unlock it yourself or pay to have a third party do it for you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
unlock, unlocking
Previous Thread Next Thread