Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTG in Tab mode ?

Tip us?

alleyezondisromo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default OTG in Tab mode ?

guys i have a question, does the padfone x have the capability to do usb otg when its in tablet mode ? i feel like the tablets micro usb port is only for charging ...

rlridgeway
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyezondisromo View Post
guys i have a question, does the padfone x have the capability to do usb otg when its in tablet mode ? i feel like the tablets micro usb port is only for charging ...
I think the padfone x tablet's micro usb is only for charging. At least, our Windows laptop will not recognize the padfone x when connected through the tablet's micro usb port. The laptop does recognize the device when connected through the phone's micro usb port.

alleyezondisromo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
I hope that this issue can be fixed, that seems fairly retarded to have that setup like so

teeth_03
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I doubt there is a "fix" for it dude, it is most likely electrically connected to only charge. The station has to use the USB port on the phone to communicate with the phone, I don't see this as "retarded", but just a limitation of the connection between phone and station.

Its kind of like saying you have a USB transfer cable connecting 2 PCs. Now you want to splice that connection to allow a 3rd PC in the mix. Sounds confusing and complicated to me.