No registration required

[Q] How to change (or check) LTE band?

OP nt3rp

7th August 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I finally got my Padfone X unlocked, and have been trying to get it set up on a different network.

According to the spec on the AT&T website, the Padfone X should support LTE Band 4 (1700/2100) and from my research, my network is the same. However, when I take a look at mobile networks from "Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Network Operators", my network doesn't appear in the list (though others do).

If I enter the service code "*#*#4636#*#*" to get to the service menu, I don't see any option to change the band. I do see an options to "Set preferred network type" (which I set to "LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)") but the result is the same in that my network does not appear.

Any ideas how I can check what band the Padfone X operates on (or how to change it)?

Note: I've rooted the device, so I can poke around in the terminal, I just don't know where to look :/
Last edited by nt3rp; 7th August 2014 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Added additional details.
9th August 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
After looking a bit more, I found out that I can pull up the `Band Settings` page if I run the following adb command.

Code:
 am start -n com.android.settings/.BandMode
Bu it just brings me to a page with no settings :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread