Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Understanding the Padfone Charging Policy

Tip us?

8125Omnimax
Old
(Last edited by 8125Omnimax; 24th July 2014 at 05:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default Understanding the Padfone Charging Policy

The ASUS Padfone X allows you to charge your cell phone from the base station twice over. Now to some of us Padfone noobs here there isnt much detail given on how to execute the charging capability on demand. Ill show you how. First there are three modes you need to know.

Intelligent Mode : Uses a combonation of the Tablet Base and the Cell phones battery for prolonged battery life, when the phone is docked in the tablet charging, both the tablet base and the phone are charge simultaneously

Phone Prefered Mode : When enabled this will assure that the tablet charges the phone upon docking instantly until it reaches 100% charge. When pluged in, the phone charges first before the tablet base starts charging

Power Pack Mode : When unplugged the base station screen and features are turned off, allowing you to use the tablet base as a portable charger, charges the phone rather quicky. When you plug in the charger in this mode the tablet base charges first then the phone

To reach this mode select settings > ASUS customized settings > Padfone settings
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406168531017.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2867654

Now choose Padfone Charging Policy

Name:	1406168550092.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2867655

Name:	1406168565745.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	2867656

You are greeted with the options explained.

So now you know how to charge your phone in case of an emergency or when you need to get that extra bit of juice to make that important phone call.

Try to utilize the power saver feature as it really does prolong the battery life of the unit.

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

svenb352
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with my Padfone. First off, mine never charges to 100% in this mode. It only charges to 90%. Second, my G Watch doesn't seem to be working with it all the time. It will randomly stop sending notifications and is extremely annoying. Lastly, apps work weird (like iHeartRadio). I like this device, but it's super buggy. I'm getting ready to return it if this stuff keeps up

8125Omnimax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Which mode in particular ?

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

teeth_03
Old
Thanks Meter 26
How do both devices drain battery when in intelligent mode? Obviously Phone Preferred and more so the Battery Pack mode are for keeping the phone charged as most as possible, so I'm assuming intelligent mode tries to drain both at the same time for maximum station usage?

8125Omnimax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeth_03 View Post
How do both devices drain battery when in intelligent mode? Obviously Phone Preferred and more so the Battery Pack mode are for keeping the phone charged as most as possible, so I'm assuming intelligent mode tries to drain both at the same time for maximum station usage?
Intelligent mode does in fact level out the battery on both devices to extend usage when the phone is docked in the tablet station.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app