Post Reply

[Q] Please Help!

23rd July 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
hello, I rooted my asus padfone x with towelroot v1 a few days back, everything went fine. Earlier today I installed a a program ( I cant remember the name of it but will post as soon as I remember) and changed my boot logo successfully twice. When I wasn't satisfied with the boot logo I changed it again and reset to see it in action. So when I powered the device on it shows the asus pre-boot logo, then shows the boot logo I chose briefly then plays the at&t startup sound, but then just sits at a black screen. iv tried going into recovery mode and resetting back to factory defaults then reset but nothing but the same problem as before. I did make a backup with nandroid (I think its called) that I have stored on my asus pc running windows 8. Im not sure what to do, and now I feel like a dumb ass for not taking better precautions.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again,
Best regards,
Mike
23rd July 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #2  
Scott@ASUS's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzler

hello, I rooted my asus padfone x with towelroot v1 a few days back, everything went fine. Earlier today I installed a a program ( I cant remember the name of it but will post as soon as I remember) and changed my boot logo successfully twice. When I wasn't satisfied with the boot logo I changed it again and reset to see it in action. So when I powered the device on it shows the asus pre-boot logo, then shows the boot logo I chose briefly then plays the at&t startup sound, but then just sits at a black screen. iv tried going into recovery mode and resetting back to factory defaults then reset but nothing but the same problem as before. I did make a backup with nandroid (I think its called) that I have stored on my asus pc running windows 8. Im not sure what to do, and now I feel like a dumb ass for not taking better precautions.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again,
Best regards,
Mike

Hello Mike,

I have a few suggestions that may help. If the program you are using does not require your Padfone X to be completely powered on, I would recommend changing your boot logo back to a previous version. If that does not work, I would proceed to enter recovery and restore your backup. Some recoveries allow you to restore from the SDcard, so I recommend placing the nandroid from your computer onto the SDcard. If you need further support please feel free to email me at CL-Scott1@ASUS.com. Include case number N140731704 in the subject line.

Warm regards,
Scott
ASUS Customer Loyalty
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott@ASUS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
[SOLVED]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@ASUS

Hello Mike,

I have a few suggestions that may help. If the program you are using does not require your Padfone X to be completely powered on, I would recommend changing your boot logo back to a previous version. If that does not work, I would proceed to enter recovery and restore your backup. Some recoveries allow you to restore from the SDcard, so I recommend placing the nandroid from your computer onto the SDcard. If you need further support please feel free to email me at CL-Scott1@ASUS.com. Include case number N140731704 in the subject line.

Warm regards,
Scott
ASUS Customer Loyalty

hi scott, thanks for the reply. So last night before bed I looked at my phone pissed off and wasn't going to throw it on the charger. So before bed I plugged it into the tablet to charge, and that's were things got interesting.... so apparently the tablet portion has its own chip set that remembers things like boot logo. What I did was plug it into the tablet, then it displayed a battery logo to show that it was charging. So I held dow the power button until the phone tablet combo turned on, and to my surprise the original boot logo from at&t was shown and let me back into my phone. So from there I went back into my boot logo changer and changed it back to one that I know works. So now my phone is back to were it was thank god!!
Last edited by Muzzler; 23rd July 2014 at 10:56 PM.
24th July 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #4  
Scott@ASUS's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzler

hi scott, thanks for the reply. So last night before bed I looked at my phone pissed off and wasn't going to throw it on the charger. So before bed I plugged it into the tablet to charge, and that's were things got interesting.... so apparently the tablet portion has its own chip set that remembers things like boot logo. What I did was plug it into the tablet, then it displayed a battery logo to show that it was charging. So I held dow the power button until the phone tablet combo turned on, and to my surprise the original boot logo from at&t was shown and let me back into my phone. So from there I went back into my boot logo changer and changed it back to one that I know works. So now my phone is back to were it was thank god!!

I am happy to hear you were able to get back up and running.

Regards,
Scott
ASUS Customer Loyalty
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes