The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] System UI crashing

OP DJBensch

3rd August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys,

I just got the Padfone Friday, and I seem to have an issue with the stock launcher.

Everyone once in awhile when I dock the phone, the tablet will flash between some screens, and I can't do anything. So I pull the phone out, and it tells me that the systemui has crashed.

I have root via towelroot, and I froze some apps, so I did a factory reset earlier in case it was from something I did. But this is still happening sometimes.

Is this a common issues, or is there something I could be doing wrong?
5th August 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
Have you found a fix yet? I have the same exact problem. I have the same symptoms you do. I can't put my tablet to sleep because it won't turn back on. I have to take the phone out and put it back in but then it glitches and seems like the systemui isn't working right.

Got the phone a couple weeks ago. Worked fine until recently. I haven't done anything abnormal. I did change my wallpaper on the tablet (I saw on another forum that someone thought this was the problem) but my problem didn't arise until a few days later.
6th August 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
I did a factory reset, and didn't change the background on the PadStation, that seems to be doing the trick.
7th August 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 28

457 posts
More
Try disabling the lock screen. Mine would get whacky when putting the phone in the station, bouncing screens and/or telling me systemui had crashed until I disabled the swipe security on the lock screen.
10th August 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

36 posts
.. .. another thing to watch out for is that some widgets don't play nice with this device. I had a weather radar widget on my phone and it worked well. When I would dock it in the padfone station I would get multiple crashes. Android would crash, Asus system ui would crash and tablet would freeze up.

Removing the weather widget from the phone home screen solved the issue.

Hope this helps
15th August 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #6  
Flag Baltimore

31 posts
More
Well, that sucks. As far as i can tell it is the lock screen that is the problem. SLIDE lock was the culprit in my setup. I tried setting it a couple of different ways on the handset and also tried setting it from the station. The result was always the same; the station screen would blink on and off with the default text that instructs you to touch and hold the screen to change the wallpaper. When taking the phone out there is a message about the system ui not responding.
I assume this will be fixed via an update soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread