[MOD][CM11] Classic sdcard mount
This mod for CM11 on moto_msm8960 brings back the classic sdcard mount we know from devices like the Nexus One.
No more cluttering of /data with files which should go to sdcard.
- External sdcard mounted as /sdcard
- Internal memory fully available for /data
- Have a nandroid backup of /boot and /system at hand if something goes wrong
- Simply flash the zip over your existing CM11 installation
- Wipe data is not necessary but will help if you have problems.
Deleting only the data of the concerned apps should be sufficient. (Only apps storing data on sdcard are effected)
- Files which were on the emulated sdcard can be found at /data/media/0. This is also the location where you have to put your zip files to be able to flash them with OpenRecovery.
Adjusting of following CM11 files to be in line with Nexus One example configuration according to:
See my github for details: https://github.com/S-I-M-O-N/android...a_moto_msm8960
This was developed and tested on a Photon Q but should work on all moto_msm8960 devices with CM11.
I cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong while using this mod.
Thank you to everyone this work is based on: Cyanogenmod team for providing CM11, Google for providing Android and everybody else
I will try to keep this thread updated and provide a flashable zip for the latest CM11 snapshot.
See attachment at the bottom.
Downloads for cm-11-20140609-SNAPSHOT-M7-moto_msm8960 , cm-11-20140708-SNAPSHOT-M8-moto_msm8960.zip and cm-11-20140814-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960_jbbl.zip: