Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD][CM11] Classic sdcard mount

16th February 2015, 09:42 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
patch does not work on nightlies anymore
patching the nightlies with patches from simons github does not work anymore. (endless bootloop)
it seems something changed in CM11's fstab since M12.
the patches worked for a while with nightlies released after M12, but not anymore

is anybody able to bring the classic sdcard mount back to current nighlies or has any idea what was changed exactly and how to fix this?

thanks!

16th February 2015, 12:23 PM |#22  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi_o

it seems something changed in CM11's fstab since M12.
thanks!

Hello andi,
work keeps me quite occupied, so I was not very active recently.
But your post catched my attention. I had a quick look at the commits towards the three relevant files, and there were none since M12, so something else is wrong I guess.

Nevertheless I will try to put together the patch for the 16 Feb nightly. Nightlies seem to be longer available now, so this justifies to make the mod based on a nightly.

Stay tuned.
16th February 2015, 03:54 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-I-M-O-N

Hello andi,
work keeps me quite occupied, so I was not very active recently.
But your post catched my attention. I had a quick look at the commits towards the three relevant files, and there were none since M12, so something else is wrong I guess.

Nevertheless I will try to put together the patch for the 16 Feb nightly. Nightlies seem to be longer available now, so this justifies to make the mod based on a nightly.

Stay tuned.

thanks for your reply!

you said there were no recent changes, so i checked it again and found the error.
i made a really stupid mistake in my notes and copied one of the patches into the wrong folder!

now i can confirm that your patch still works with the latest nightlies, so don't worry, sorry!
6th March 2015, 08:47 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
So whats to do, to get no bootloop with the patch????
14th March 2015, 01:02 PM |#25  

12 posts
More
doesn't work and support?
It looks like, that there is no way...

And after a lot of testing... Android 5 is a get your data monster vs older firmware, and on its based CM12 is not stable.

Want to switch to the latest CM11.. But any short help with patching?
16th March 2015, 03:39 PM |#26  

4 posts
Is it planned a "classic sdcard mount" for Android 5 on the Photon Q or not ?

Installing from scratch is it suggested to use the latest classic sdcard mount patch or not ?

I'd like to install cm-12-20150315-NIGHTLY-xt897.zip ( the today's latest lollipop build ) but I'd like to have the classi sd card mount.
17th March 2015, 08:45 PM |#27  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

22 posts
In principle the mod should work on CM12 as well. The problem is that it effects framework-res.apk which is needed to sign the apk. So the framework-res.apk from the installable patch needs to be compatible to the ROM. Nearly all nightlies or releases of a ROM change something inside framework-res.apk accordingly the patch will only work on the version of the ROM it was made for. This is why I sticked to the milestone releases of CM11.
Nevertheless I will try to make the patch for CM12, but currently I have troubles to make it even for the last CM11 nightly.
I suspect it is because I wiped my armel debian chroot and switched to armhf leading to nonworking patches. I have to further investigate.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread