FORUMS

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

[MOD][CM11] Classic sdcard mount

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By S-I-M-O-N, Junior Member on 3rd July 2014, 08:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2015, 03:03 AM |#31  
Flag Hanover
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobby88

But I try to get this working on CM12 - and there's no need to do the work twice if you already got this running.

I just compiled a CM12 with your changes, booted it and so far it seemed to work. I'll do some more tests and also I try to create a version of TWRP using the same partition layout.

23rd April 2015, 01:51 PM |#32  
Flag Firenze
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Great!
24th April 2015, 04:50 PM |#33  
Flag Hanover

More
So, here is one test build
Warning, there may be errors in it. Especially in this dirty-patched TWRP version.

CM12.1 with classic sdcard mount: http://tobby.eu/downloads/cm.html?fi...CIAL-xt897.zip
MD5: http://tobby.eu/downloads/cm.html?fi...897.zip.md5sum
TWRP2.8.6.0 with classic sdcard mount: http://tobby.eu/downloads/cm.html?fi...-datamedia.img

If everything works as expected and if users are interested in it, I will create a thread for it and post updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to tobby88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2015, 11:50 PM |#34  
Flag Firenze

More
Fantastic!
i have reflashed my photon q using your UNOFFICIAL build and all is working great!
Thank you very very much!

Can you explain to me what is "TWRP2.8.6.0 with classic sdcard mount" ?
Is a sort of modded TWRP recovery?
Let me know
26th April 2015, 08:50 PM |#35  
Flag Hanover

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzulicchio

Fantastic!
i have reflashed my photon q using your UNOFFICIAL build and all is working great!
Thank you very very much!

Thank you, too, for testing it. I am now testing it since Friday Looks like it is running without any problems.

Quote:

Can you explain to me what is "TWRP2.8.6.0 with classic sdcard mount" ?
Is a sort of modded TWRP recovery?
Let me know

Basically there are the same changes as in the CM-build. So it will not create a /data/media directory anymore and it will not mount this internal (emulated) mass storage. Instead it will set the external card as default (mounted on /sdcard instead of /external_sd like inside of this CM build).
A backup of /data will now include all directories and not exclude anything anymore. A wipe of /data will now not "rm -rf" all files on the filesystem but recreate (format) the filesystem in the same way it already does for all other wipes (/system, /cache, ...).

This makes it MUCH easier to backup and restore and especially to change between different filesystems (ext4 to f2fs or f2fs to ext4 p.e.), especially for those people who have problems with the filesystem-corruption in f2fs.
21st May 2015, 09:53 PM |#36  
Flag Firenze

More
can i update using classic cyanogenmod update notification? or updatin will i lose the classic sdcard mount?
21st May 2015, 09:58 PM |#37  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,730

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

can i update using classic cyanogenmod update notification? or updatin will i lose the classic sdcard mount?

You will certainly lose it, any updates to the boot.img.
21st May 2015, 11:49 PM |#38  
Flag Hanover

More
Quote:

You will loose it. So you have to flash new "classic-sdcard-mount-builds". I sometimes compile new versions, because I am using this on my Photon Q as well. Take a look at this (crappy) page http://tobby.eu/downloads/cm.html New builds are available now (just uploaded them). But I didn't test the 21th and 22th builds - so make a backup before you flash them!
Last edited by tobby88; 22nd May 2015 at 01:28 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread