Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Opinions on best MPQ CM rom to date (CM10.1, 10.2, 11, etc)

Tip us?

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default Opinions on best MPQ CM rom to date (CM10.1, 10.2, 11, etc)

Hey yall - As I get ready to go thru my 5th or 6th MPQ because I refuse to buy anything else, I cant help but thinking that the phone is struggling to run apps and has low battery life, low memory, etc. I am on CM 11.1 nightly and I just feel that maybe some of the older CM versions, like the custom ones we had on this forum, are better than the current CM 11 build.

Does CM 11 official nightly support emulated drives like we had in CM 10.2? That was so killer because it solved the low memory issue and the phone could be used indefinitely. I feel like now I run out of room on the phone due to the low internal memory. I honestly dont know if CM11 supports emulation of drives but it seems like it doesnt or if it does the feature is well hidden.

It just feels like some of the older builds were better and I would like everyone's opinion and I would like to know if anyone is still running older builds like Skillrax custom build, CM 10.1 or 10.2, etc Also if you are running an old build that you really like could you please provide me with the rom so that I could flash. A lot of the older builds are lost now because there are no links to them anymore or they have been removed from the hosts.
The Following User Says Thank You to matt2k12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

latenite
Old
(Last edited by latenite; 14th September 2014 at 07:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM11 Wifi Unstable?

Tired of fighting with WIFI in CM 11. After spending two days trying to get 20140708-Snapshot-M8 WIFI working (I run two routers at home: wireless G and wireless N) under stock android I have no problem switching and connecting between the two routers, Under M8, I can only connect to Wireless N. From the lack of discussion in the developers thread, I don't think anyone is working on WIFI on CM11

I'd love to find a solid CM 10.2 or 10.3

matt2k12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenite View Post
Tired of fighting with WIFI in CM 11. After spending two days trying to get 20140708-Snapshot-M8 WIFI working (I run two routers at home: wireless G and wireless N) under stock android I have no problem switching and connecting between the two routers, Under M8, I can only connect to Wireless N. From the lack of discussion in the developers thread, I don't think anyone is working on WIFI on CM11

I'd love to find a solid CM 10.2 or 10.3
It sucks that all the old roms just disappear and are no longer available anywhere. I would pay one of the devs a couple hundred dollars to build me a custom rom.

huhu1312
Old
(Last edited by huhu1312; 14th September 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
since one or two weeks they are back.
u need the moto8960-jbbl (jelly bean boot loader)

the other not work because we not have original 4.4 bootloader

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?dev...o_msm8960_jbbl
http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=moto_msm8960_jbbl (i like this one more but its based on cm like the most roms)

latenite
Old
(Last edited by latenite; 18th September 2014 at 02:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default M7 and M8 no go M6 does work

Quote:
Originally Posted by latenite View Post
Further details on CM11 Snapshot M7 and M8:
1) WIFI sort of works but I have yet to get security (WEP/WPA) to work. Again, on stock Android I have no problems connecting to either of my two routers (Wireless G: 2wire) or Wireless N (Netgear WNDR3700)
2) WiFi Region Code is initialized to Europe

based on my experiences with CM10.2.1 (stable release) on a Nook HD+, (I have the exact same problems) I'm wondering when the last time WIFI wireless security worked

M7:
1) Mobile Network Setting:
Preferred - Defaults to Global (not CDMA + LTE/EVDO)
Since phone never worked, Still don't know if APN is configured properly
2)Install defaulted to Google Voice+ (good luck trying to get conditional call forwarding removed)
3) Once I got Google voice canceled, any incoming calls resulted in Com.android.phone crashing
4) SMS Messaging never worked

In the good news department, I installed CM 11 M6 and am able to get Wifi (with security _DISABLED_ on routers) connected, receiving messages and the phone answers calls

For some reason my Area code defaults to VU(+678) in all versions of CM11

All in All I would say CM 11 still has a ways to go before it is stable enough to call it the "best" ROM