Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Opinions on best MPQ CM rom to date (CM10.1, 10.2, 11, etc)

OP matt2k12

28th August 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 18

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey yall - As I get ready to go thru my 5th or 6th MPQ because I refuse to buy anything else, I cant help but thinking that the phone is struggling to run apps and has low battery life, low memory, etc. I am on CM 11.1 nightly and I just feel that maybe some of the older CM versions, like the custom ones we had on this forum, are better than the current CM 11 build.

Does CM 11 official nightly support emulated drives like we had in CM 10.2? That was so killer because it solved the low memory issue and the phone could be used indefinitely. I feel like now I run out of room on the phone due to the low internal memory. I honestly dont know if CM11 supports emulation of drives but it seems like it doesnt or if it does the feature is well hidden.

It just feels like some of the older builds were better and I would like everyone's opinion and I would like to know if anyone is still running older builds like Skillrax custom build, CM 10.1 or 10.2, etc Also if you are running an old build that you really like could you please provide me with the rom so that I could flash. A lot of the older builds are lost now because there are no links to them anymore or they have been removed from the hosts.
The Following User Says Thank You to matt2k12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
NA
NA
Last edited by latenite; 23rd September 2014 at 05:37 PM.
14th September 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by latenite

Tired of fighting with WIFI in CM 11. After spending two days trying to get 20140708-Snapshot-M8 WIFI working (I run two routers at home: wireless G and wireless N) under stock android I have no problem switching and connecting between the two routers, Under M8, I can only connect to Wireless N. From the lack of discussion in the developers thread, I don't think anyone is working on WIFI on CM11

I'd love to find a solid CM 10.2 or 10.3

It sucks that all the old roms just disappear and are no longer available anywhere. I would pay one of the devs a couple hundred dollars to build me a custom rom.
14th September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 9

110 posts
More
since one or two weeks they are back.
u need the moto8960-jbbl (jelly bean boot loader)

the other not work because we not have original 4.4 bootloader

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?dev...o_msm8960_jbbl
http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=moto_msm8960_jbbl (i like this one more but its based on cm like the most roms)
Last edited by huhu1312; 14th September 2014 at 09:50 PM.
17th September 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
NA
NA
Last edited by latenite; 23rd September 2014 at 05:38 PM.
16th October 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Galaxy TAB2 7" dualboot PAC testbuild Oct 2013 / 2nd rom: Xperia P3100 build
Thanks Meter: 3

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2k12

Does CM 11 official nightly support emulated drives like we had in CM 10.2? That was so killer because it solved the low memory issue and the phone could be used indefinitely. I feel like now I run out of room on the phone due to the low internal memory. I honestly dont know if CM11 supports emulation of drives but it seems like it doesnt or if it does the feature is well hidden.

You could also just use the latest snapshot of CM11 and apply this mod:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/phot...5/post53883989

Best, Stephan
22nd October 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
So Stephan, can you give me the exact links to the best rom you would recommend on a stock MPQ? Was it the link above?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread