Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Data with Custom Rom

Tip us?

ajws7036
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uhm... what do you mean "un"-activate it...?

I've never had to do that either. My phone has always been active whether I RSD Lite back to stock or use a backup to nandroid back to stock.
By "unactivate", i mean literally replace it with another phone, then re-activate it. The phone connects on Sprint's towers, however i use Kroger's i-wireless. So reactivation and phone swticthing is fairly easy.

At the moment, i am running cm11 nightly, and it appears to be working alright with data for now.

ajws7036
Old
(Last edited by ajws7036; 7th September 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Okay @arrrghhh, now I am pretty sure you mentioned getting switched to 3g data a lot. I can't change my APN settings, the option is greyed out. How do I switch to 4g?
I'm asking because my area gets 4g when I'm on stock.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajws7036 View Post
Okay @arrrghhh, now I am pretty sure you mentioned getting switched to 3g data a lot. I can't change my APN settings, the option is greyed out. How do I switch to 4g?
I'm asking because my area gets 4g when I'm on stock.

Look at your network mode. There's no "LTE", so of course you'll never see 4g as the Q is not capable of WiMax - LTE is the only "4g" network you'd see.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajws7036
Old
(Last edited by ajws7036; 7th September 2014 at 06:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Look at your network mode. There's no "LTE", so of course you'll never see 4g as the Q is not capable of WiMax - LTE is the only "4g" network you'd see.
But GSM is the only network mode that seems to provide me data. Any option with GSM. I haven't found a LTE+GSM option

See below, my test menu shows that LTE+GSM is selected

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
But GSM is the only network mode that seems to provide me data. Any option with GSM. I haven't found a LTE+GSM option

See below, my test menu shows that LTE+GSM is selected

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
I guess try 'Global'?

I have mine set to CDMA + LTE/EvDo - as Sprint does not provide any sort of GSM service whatsoever, so I would never need to connect to a GSM network.

ajws7036
Old
(Last edited by ajws7036; Today at 01:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I guess try 'Global'?

I have mine set to CDMA + LTE/EvDo - as Sprint does not provide any sort of GSM service whatsoever, so I would never need to connect to a GSM network.
Okay, So I've tried LTE/CDMA (auto) after discovering that it DOESN'T USE GSM, but any option that has LTE in it doesn't seem to work. And How do I install the new msm_8960 cm11 roms? are those the ones marked jbbl?I've downloaded and will install the jbbl edition, maybe it'll fix some of the issues i've been having. I was running the "xt897" version. Speaking of, what's the difference between the xt897 and xt897c? builds?

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3,530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay, So I've tried LTE/CDMA (auto) after discovering that it DOESN'T USE GSM, but any option that has LTE in it doesn't seem to work. And How do I install the new msm_8960 cm11 roms? are those the ones marked jbbl?I've downloaded and will install the jbbl edition, maybe it'll fix some of the issues i've been having. I was running the "xt897" version. Speaking of, what's the difference between the xt897 and xt897c? builds?
Wait, what? Why are you using ancient builds...

You need to use the jbbl edition. The xt897/c builds are ancient and should not be used - it was when we needed separate builds for CDMA and GSM.

If you're on Sprint, you are correct - there's no GSM. The chip in the phone is only used for international roaming, if you have it enabled.

Tags
cyanogen, data, mod, photon, rom