Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Photon Q 4G LTE no 3g

OP iberia1

30th August 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hi

I have bought Photon Q 4G LTE on ebay. the device is amazing i love it. as i am living in Georgia (Europe) we have only one CDMA operator here. i took the phone to the service office where the service guys set up the device to there system. but they have activate only calls and sms on the CDMA network the phone is making calls and sends text messages but they couldn't enable 3g internet (they simply didn't know how to do it on MOTOROLA Photon Q 4G ).

is there any way to enable the 3g internet on my phone?
Last edited by iberia1; 31st August 2014 at 06:47 PM.
2nd September 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,624

11,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you check to make sure the frequencies your carrier is using is the same as Sprint?

If not, then it will not work properly...
3rd September 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tbilisi

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Did you check to make sure the frequencies your carrier is using is the same as Sprint?

If not, then it will not work properly...

my friend has bought HTC EVO 3D Sprint 1GB from ebay and it works fine on the local CDMA network - it calls and has 3G internet as well.
Last edited by iberia1; 3rd September 2014 at 12:18 PM.
3rd September 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,624

11,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iberia1

my friend has bought HTC EVO 3D Sprint 1GB from ebay and it works fine on the local CDMA network - it calls and has 3G internet as well.

Not sure if those operate on the same frequencies or not.

I suppose make sure the APN's are configured correctly...? I have never tried to hack a CDMA device to work on another network. Not sure anyone else with a Photon Q has either - most who are hacking the device want to use it as a GSM device and they add a SIM slot for this purpose.
3rd September 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Tbilisi

3 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh

Not sure if those operate on the same frequencies or not.

I suppose make sure the APN's are configured correctly...? I have never tried to hack a CDMA device to work on another network. Not sure anyone else with a Photon Q has either - most who are hacking the device want to use it as a GSM device and they add a SIM slot for this purpose.

first of all thank you very much for respond i appreciate it

the point is i cannot config APN, in MOBILE NETWORKS APN settings is invisible when the network mode is CDMA or CDMA/4G or AUTOMATIC. APN settings are visible only when network mode is GSM/UMTS (on this mode i can create new APN,s) but when the phone is at GSM/UMTS mode it losses signal and is not able to make calls.
5th September 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #6  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 242

627 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by iberia1

first of all thank you very much for respond i appreciate it

the point is i cannot config APN, in MOBILE NETWORKS APN settings is invisible when the network mode is CDMA or CDMA/4G or AUTOMATIC. APN settings are visible only when network mode is GSM/UMTS (on this mode i can create new APN,s) but when the phone is at GSM/UMTS mode it losses signal and is not able to make calls.

so on what mode you are actually connected - check it in *#*#46363*#*? and on what rom - stock or cm/etc?...and what carrier?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread