DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Updating to new 4.4 bootloader?

OP KoolBurnX8

2nd July 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
I'm beginning to notice thaton some of the newest nightly ROMS arent allowing my Photon Q to be flashed with some of the newer versions. I just tried flashing the newest CM11 nightly for the Photon Q and it wouldn't allow me(July 1). This also happened when I tried to use Kitstalk and the newest Liquid Smooth nightly(July 1). I tried using CWM 6.0.4.4 and TWRP 2.7.1.0, but I kept the getting same error message saying I need to have a 4.4 bootloader. Is there any way to update the bootloader or get around this?
Last edited by KoolBurnX8; 2nd July 2014 at 06:37 AM.
2nd July 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Köln
Thanks Meter: 19

92 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=345

try flashing "cm-11-20140630-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.zip"
The Following User Says Thank You to comstyle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comstyle

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=345

try flashing "cm-11-20140630-NIGHTLY-moto_msm8960.zip"

Thanks for the reply guys. These pieces of information are really hidden, I think other than Carbon, all other ROMS aren't even letting people know the XT897 is no longer supported for the newer versions of their releases.
6th July 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 138

313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBurnX8

Thanks for the reply guys. These pieces of information are really hidden, I think other than Carbon, all other ROMS aren't even letting people know the XT897 is no longer supported for the newer versions of their releases.

Its wrote in CM11 theard so its is not hidden
8th July 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko99

Its wrote in CM11 theard so its is not hidden

Assuming you only use CM11, sure maybe. Their wiki pays no mention to it when this was implemented. The unified build wiki article is one of the first hits you get when a newbie is searching to root and flash custom roms. But what about other ROMs out there? This forum seems to be the main hub for everything Photon Q, but yet i've found numerous ROMs that aren't advertised here.
9th July 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 138

313 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBurnX8

Assuming you only use CM11, sure maybe. Their wiki pays no mention to it when this was implemented. The unified build wiki article is one of the first hits you get when a newbie is searching to root and flash custom roms. But what about other ROMs out there? This forum seems to be the main hub for everything Photon Q, but yet i've found numerous ROMs that aren't advertised here.

yep, right.. for me is only cyanogen.. i forgot about other roms..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread