Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod 11.0 for Photon Q

Tip us?

Die Bruine
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Just installed 0827. Unfortunately this one also has the bug where the ringtone won't play over the speaker when I play music and remove the headset. I have to toggle volume up/down and paly pasue music until I hear the volume adjustment notification over the speaker. Otherwise I won't hear my phone ring when called (after removing headset while listening to music that is). This bug must be over an year old. Also reported on the XT925.

But, I won't mention it again. All four of us have learned to live with it. Nonetheless it is annoying. Especially after BT use. I tend to forget checking the volume then.

Anyway, thanks for that 7s no-reboot implementation! Very, very happy with that.
Lost my first ID
Canary/Voyager/Magician/Typhoon/Vox/Elf/Raphael/Rhodium/A853/U20i/A953/sk17i/XT894/XT897/HOX+/XT925/D6503
Currently XT897/ D6503

kabaldan
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,239

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Bruine View Post
Just installed 0827. Unfortunately this one also has the bug where the ringtone won't play over the speaker when I play music and remove the headset. I have to toggle volume up/down and paly pasue music until I hear the volume adjustment notification over the speaker. Otherwise I won't hear my phone ring when called (after removing headset while listening to music that is). This bug must be over an year old. Also reported on the XT925.

But, I won't mention it again. All four of us have learned to live with it. Nonetheless it is annoying. Especially after BT use. I tend to forget checking the volume then.

Anyway, thanks for that 7s no-reboot implementation! Very, very happy with that.
The problem is that I'm not able to reproduce it.
I just tried it again: I listened to music in Play Music app via headphones, then I removed the plug => the music playback stopped. Then I called myself from another phone and the ringtone played from the speaker just fine.

If you could guide me how to reproduce the issue, then I should be able to debug it and eventually fix it.

Die Bruine
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Thing is, all I have to do is press play in let's say Google music, unplug the headset and call myself. The phone will ring, but without the ringtone. My guess is it's still routed to the headset. Because when I plug in the headset I hear the ringtone. The same goes for notifications. All sound, except music, seems to be directed to the headset instead of the speaker.

Like I said, the only workaround for me is to press play/pause while playing with volume up/down until I hear the rocker volume again. This is the only reason I turned it on again.
Strange thing is on the XT925 I certainly wasn't the only one with this problem. And the misses and my son also have this problem. I always suspected Equalizer to be the culprit. But of the four I know with this problem only my son and I seem to have Equalizer installed.

If you can tell me how to help with logging etc I can try. I have three XT897 CM11 to try and one stock. All four running different versions with different apps. If you want I can even record it to show you.
But... I'm gone until Sunday. So it won't happen before then.
Lost my first ID
Canary/Voyager/Magician/Typhoon/Vox/Elf/Raphael/Rhodium/A853/U20i/A953/sk17i/XT894/XT897/HOX+/XT925/D6503
Currently XT897/ D6503

Die Bruine
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Again sound issue

This morning the misses was almost late for work... Again this stupid bug with the speaker. She was running 20140908.
Saturday she connected to a Logitech Boombox UE (the big one) via BT. Played some music and then stopped the music and disconnected/ (and) disabled BT. Sh hadn't noticed it, but since then sound wasn't played via the speaker. So ringtones and notifications do not play via the speaker. As a result, the alarm didn't go off this morning .

I updated her phone to 20140914 this morning while she took a shower. But I'm an 100% sure it won't help Jack... Whenever she listens to music (Google Music) via BT or a headset, and disconnects afterwards, all sounds except music is still being re-routed to BT/headphone. I say this because you will hear the notifications and/or ringtone when I re-connect to BT or insert the headphone jack.

For now I've enabled her volume rocker sounds and showed her the workaround/check. But it would be nice if this finally got fixed.
For the record, she has a minimum of apps installed. None of them are sound enhancers.

Tell me what to do and I'll show you!
Lost my first ID
Currently XT897/ D6503

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,531

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die Bruine View Post
Tell me what to do and I'll show you!
Maybe start with some logs?

I can't say I've ever experienced this bug before, and kabaldan has expressed similar sentiment if I recall correctly.

I use BT all the time with my motorcycle helmet as well, as well as using the phone as an alarm.

palmwangja
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Camera

Did anybody have this experience with built-in camera?

launching this app in lets say a portrait mode, and turn it to a landscape. It severely stutters or just hangs.

I'm on the latest lately : 0917

Fr4gg0r
Old
(Last edited by Fr4gg0r; Yesterday at 04:26 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Code:
D/AlarmManagerService( 7979): Kernel timezone updated to 240 minutes west of GMT
appears in my log every few seconds.. known bug?

Also GMT is deprecated xD