FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

CyanogenMod 11.0 for Photon Q

26th March 2015, 08:25 PM |#131  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thanks, that made me smile. Especially the weatherman bit, can't quite see that connection. At least if you said something like blaming the guy who changed your brakes for an engine failure or something would make more sense, but quite not as funny

Honestly tho, is it that hard (for the person who knows what they're doing already) to put out a newer version? I mean they used to do it every day, it must be fairly automated.

I like the idea of rolling back g+ tho, I'll try that now. And yeah, apparently my battery problem is google play services, it's used 37% in the last few hours since this morning when I took the phone off the charger, along with android OS taking 25%. Screen is down at 3% cuz I hadn't even looked at my phone today until this very moment, and that's usually the thing that's highest any other time I'd looked at it with previous versions.

But I still think it's easier to blame CM since that's what I changed that started this, and I did try to read the changelog to see if this particular issue was mentioned and fixed in later version, but didn't find anything, would be easier (for me, obviously) to just try something newer before I spend time trying to figure something out that may already be solved.

26th March 2015, 11:16 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
So better let others work than to work yourself on the problem?
I agree with palmbeach05 that you blame someone who can't really be blamed for something that "might" (in the smallest chance, since you're the only one) be a cm11-nightly problem (it's a nightly, keep that in mind).

If you need help, then try to work it out yourself first.
If you don't know what to do, then try the things which are suggested to find out the source of the problem.
The source of the problem seems to be a google play services problem, that might also be a sync problem or... pretty much things, since this app is providing very much functions.
You present the probable problem and then insist to blame cm11 instead.

Lets keep it simple with the usual answer:
Do you have the problem with a clean flash? No? Then it's not a cm11 problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loader009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 11:34 PM |#133  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 3,778

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma9o7

Thanks, that made me smile. Especially the weatherman bit, can't quite see that connection. At least if you said something like blaming the guy who changed your brakes for an engine failure or something would make more sense, but quite not as funny

Honestly tho, is it that hard (for the person who knows what they're doing already) to put out a newer version? I mean they used to do it every day, it must be fairly automated.

I like the idea of rolling back g+ tho, I'll try that now. And yeah, apparently my battery problem is google play services, it's used 37% in the last few hours since this morning when I took the phone off the charger, along with android OS taking 25%. Screen is down at 3% cuz I hadn't even looked at my phone today until this very moment, and that's usually the thing that's highest any other time I'd looked at it with previous versions.

But I still think it's easier to blame CM since that's what I changed that started this, and I did try to read the changelog to see if this particular issue was mentioned and fixed in later version, but didn't find anything, would be easier (for me, obviously) to just try something newer before I spend time trying to figure something out that may already be solved.

The wakelocks related to the updated (via play store) google apps and services should be fixed for CM11 by:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/91881
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/91882

Unfortunately, I don't have the power to trigger a new official moto_msm8960_jbbl CM11 build on Jenkins.
I hope to find the time to provide an updated unofficial CM11 build, but I'm rather saturated by the real life at the moment, so it will take at least a few days before I get to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kabaldan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2015, 08:13 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
That's weird.
I have no issues on my daily device. gapps is installed but partly frozen.
Anyway I use the latest M-Release and google play services don't make such issues.
(It is possible that this is because I use other apps to restrict access and wakelocks.)
30th March 2015, 07:33 AM |#135  

More
@moderator:
He obviously knows about the Q&A section, as he already postet there.
2nd April 2015, 01:43 AM |#136  
Flag San Jose

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabaldan

The wakelocks related to the updated (via play store) google apps and services should be fixed for CM11 by:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/91881
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/91882

Unfortunately, I don't have the power to trigger a new official moto_msm8960_jbbl CM11 build on Jenkins.
I hope to find the time to provide an updated unofficial CM11 build, but I'm rather saturated by the real life at the moment, so it will take at least a few days before I get to it.

Thanks much. I did look into this a bit more and yeah seems it's a problem caused by google when they released an update to google services, that affected both CM11 & CM12 and most (all?) other custom roms, plus one model of phone that shipped natively with CM. I read about workarounds with xposed & wakelock blockers, but I'm a pretty basic user and avoid installing anything on my phone unless I really need it and rarely use my phone for anything besides the occasional text message or phone call, the only reason I even have g+ on there is for location sharing so my wife can easily see where I am and I only created the g+ account specifically for that purpose and dont use it for anything else. There's probably a way for me to revert the google services update if I looked into it; proably because it's a service, the phone won't let me remove updates thru the menus like I can with regular apps. But I'm lazy and concerned the more I mess with things the more problems I could cause, so prefer to not mess with things. So I'll just be patient, but will watch this thread incase you or whoever posts an unofficial or official or any update those two fixes. I also saw cyanogenmod forums administrator post on March 30th that M13 is still planned as the final CM11, but no estimate as to when. I guess they'll work on finishing that up after the first milestone release for jellybean.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread