Thanks Meter: 3,807

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th May 2015, 03:19 PM |#141  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajislav

Hi, is it this one?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3046263

[ROM] CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_f2fs-20150520-moto_msm8960
I'm looking for a stable ROM to put on my wife's phone..

Did you read the previous posts? Or did you ask a question that has the answer staring you in the face by mine and enigma9o7's reference to the only f2fs ROM for the msm8960_jbbl devices with a thread in this device's section of xda?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

25th May 2015, 12:51 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I have noticed that /dev/block/dm-0 (also known as "userdata"/"data" partition) have no max-mount-counts and also no interval-between-checks set to the filesystem.

Is this a wanted behaviour?

edit: What I want to say is that the filesystem is never checked by fsck because the options are set to "never".
Last edited by Loader009; 25th May 2015 at 01:38 PM.
25th May 2015, 09:10 PM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05

Did you read the previous posts? Or did you ask a question that has the answer staring you in the face by mine and enigma9o7's reference to the only f2fs ROM for the msm8960_jbbl devices with a thread in this device's section of xda?

Thanks for the encouraging answer. To be honest, I was using the free xda-developers app on my phone. I am not aware of a simple way how to jump to a device's section from within a specific forum, so what I did instead was opening Google search and searched for something like "photon q f2fs site:forum.xda-developers.com", which gave me the link I posted.
Now that I am at my computer, I do not see a ROM with CM11 and f2fs in its title in the Android development nor in the Original Android development threads of Photon Q.
Maybe it is due to the fact that I do not own the device yet and hence I am only vaguely familiar with the unified (and de-unified) builds and which devices they are compatible with. I am actually doing a quick research into what should replace my wife's Motorola Milestone. As CM12.1 is still under active development, I was looking for a CM11 ROM (i.e. this thread). There I saw a suggestion for a f2fs ROM, hence I asked.
To sum this up, I gather that the link I posted is not the correct ROM. Unfortunately even with your suggestion, the answer is still not staring at my face. Hence I would appreciate the correct link or maybe some more clues, so I can find it myself.
25th May 2015, 10:08 PM |#144  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,737

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajislav

Thanks for the encouraging answer. To be honest, I was using the free xda-developers app on my phone. I am not aware of a simple way how to jump to a device's section from within a specific forum, so what I did instead was opening Google search and searched for something like "photon q f2fs site:forum.xda-developers.com", which gave me the link I posted.
Now that I am at my computer, I do not see a ROM with CM11 and f2fs in its title in the Android development nor in the Original Android development threads of Photon Q.
Maybe it is due to the fact that I do not own the device yet and hence I am only vaguely familiar with the unified (and de-unified) builds and which devices they are compatible with. I am actually doing a quick research into what should replace my wife's Motorola Milestone. As CM12.1 is still under active development, I was looking for a CM11 ROM (i.e. this thread). There I saw a suggestion for a f2fs ROM, hence I asked.
To sum this up, I gather that the link I posted is not the correct ROM. Unfortunately even with your suggestion, the answer is still not staring at my face. Hence I would appreciate the correct link or maybe some more clues, so I can find it myself.

I'll save you some time.

The ROM thread you found is indeed the one - the OP originally built it as CM11, but then changed it to Carbon. If you read the latest posts of that thread, he does mention that he may do another CM11 build.

However, if you want official CM11 this is the thread you want - f2fs wasn't officially introduced to the Photon Q until CM12, hence why if you really want f2fs you have to go with an unofficial build (which has the f2fs functionality backported).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2015, 09:03 PM |#145  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 13

More
There's now another official build for our phones, and they're calling it a final snapshot. Although I do see some other devices continue to have cm11 nightlies. But anyways happy to see this exists!

cm-11-20150626-SNAPSHOT-XNG3CAO1L8-moto_msm8960_jbbl.zip http://get.cm/get/qi5

I personally can't easily upgrade cuz I'm using an unofficial f2fs version, but I'm glad it's available.
2nd July 2015, 09:30 PM |#146  
Flag darkness just straight and falling from endless skies
Thanks Meter: 64

More
i'm getting an invalid security certificate for https://get.cm
2nd July 2015, 09:52 PM |#147  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerzoom

Nothing wrong with hitting continue, but use the other link on the cm download page, that one deals with the cm computer program, which we have no support from

3rd July 2015, 12:54 AM |#148  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigerzoom

I just pasted the direct download link from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?dev...o_msm8960_jbbl

So try starting there, or just hit continue, it is the shortcut link from that page tho.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread