Missed Opportunity

Search This thread

Niko of Death

Nov 5, 2013
I'm amazed Google didn't go to Sony to make a nexus tablet. They're the only major OEM giving android tablets their full attention, the Xperia Z4 Tablet was incredible, its only issues being a lack of a U.S. release, snapdragon 810, and a somewhat lacking keyboard. If Google got them to make a nexus with the X1, 4GB RAM, and improved keyboard this would have been a day 1 buy for me. Guess I'll just have to wait until the Z6 tablet.

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
I think the hardware is great but i cannot imagine the battery lasting under stressful workloads..

claudemaallo

Feb 17, 2014
I'm amazed Google didn't go to Sony to make a nexus tablet. They're the only major OEM giving android tablets their full attention, the Xperia Z4 Tablet was incredible, its only issues being a lack of a U.S. release, snapdragon 810, and a somewhat lacking keyboard. If Google got them to make a nexus with the X1, 4GB RAM, and improved keyboard this would have been a day 1 buy for me. Guess I'll just have to wait until the Z6 tablet.
I bought one Pixel C and I am loving it, but I wouldn't ever bought one if Sony were or was involve in it, I dump Sony years ago, they are the worst company you can buy stuff from, they have the highest refurbished items on the market, why is that? they make crap

kgersen

Jul 11, 2011
why "Missed Opportunity" ? it's a Pixel not a Nexus and it was supposed to be running ChromeOS and be the very first ChromeOS tablet but they shipped it with Android instead for reasons we will know at Google I/O 2016 in may/june.

Do you think the Pixel is bad and would have been better if Sony was involved ? You think Sony can deliver a better tablet than the Pixel C. I doubt that. The Pixel C hardware is quite phenomenal actually, except may be for the wifi antennas. And the software would have been the same anyway,aka Android (plus the Sony bloatware).

jamesrick80

May 29, 2010
Even if I'm criticized...I believe samsung should have made the Pixel c.....

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
Well yes and no, Pixel devices are made by Quanta , a large OEM like Foxconn does for Apple. These are not made in Google owned facilities in Taiwan/China.
They are devices DESIGNED by Google.
Also companies like that aren't OEM's they are referred to as ODM's since we are getting technical here.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well yes and no, Pixel devices are made by Quanta , a large OEM like Foxconn does for Apple. These are not made in Google owned facilities in Taiwan/China.