Post [CWM] [ROOT] Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310 CWM and root

OP blearreaz0n

5th September 2013, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 108

35 posts
More
CWM + Root for SAMSUNG Galaxy Pocket Neo ( GT-S5310 )

WARNING!!! This solution provided as is (with no warranty of any kind). Be careful because the described operations rather dangerous and possibly can brick your device. Author is not responsible for your device damage.

IMPORTANT: Usage of this method will affect the state of the "Custom BIN down" counter in your device. This means that you may have problems with official warranty.

Step 1. Getting software
1. Download Odin 3.0.7 here
2. Download CWM-based recovery here
3. Download update package for rooting here (downloaded from here Thanks to Phil3759)
4. Install Samsung drivers\kies this page (This link is for S5301 but it works ok for S5310 in current case)

P.S. Sorry for ugly file storage solution - google drive. If it will open the zip archive just click "File" menu and click "Download" (or use Ctrl+S combo).

Step 2. Flash the updates
1. Switch off the device. Hold "volume down"+"home" buttons and press power button. When device switch on release the power button but continue to hold volume down and home until Download mode warning appear. Plug in the USB cable and press volume up button to continue. The device will load in ODIN download mode.

2. Run ODIN 3.0.7. Don't change any setting (checkboxes ) - leave them in default state. Your device should appear in "ID:COM" part of the screen as serial device (i.e. "COM38") - if not check if your USB port is functional and Samsung drivers installed correctly.

3. Click on PDA button and chose CWM recovery file saved during step 1.2. Don't rename or decompress the file - otherwise it will not work.
Wait until ODIN decompress the package and check the checksums. After it just press START button and wait until the process is over.

4. Copy update package for rooting on SD card and put the card in device's slot.

5. Switch off your device again. Hold "volume up"+"home" buttons and press power button to switch on. Don't release volume up and home until the recovery loaded. Using volume up and volume down buttons navigate to menu item "apply update from external card" and press power button to commit operation. Then navigate to Root_Superuser_3.1.3......zip file and press power button again.
Notice: you can use sideload feature instead of using SD card: in recovery run "update from sideload" and on your computer run the following command:
adb sideload rooting_package_filename

6. Done. Your device should be rooted now. You can check it with various free programs like Root Checker available at Google Play.

Enjoy
Last edited by blearreaz0n; 8th September 2013 at 10:34 PM. Reason: TYPO in SUBJECT
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to blearreaz0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
Sorry for being such a chicken, but, before I try this myself, is there any feedback from others? If not, I'll probably take the chance in a couple of days and post my results here.
24th September 2013, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

35 posts
I tried this tonight. The good news is my phone is not bricked

The bad news is my phone is not rooted

Everything worked as described until the last stage - in recovery I keep getting the message
Quote:

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

The other thing I'm curious about is that my recovery mode looks suspiciously like the vanilla Samsung recovery, although I only looked at that once, so I can't be sure. According to ODIN, the update was successful.

How can I check the type of recovery mode installed on my phone?

Thanks again for your efforts, and for any further advice you can provide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thailandian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 52

213 posts
More
Guys i tried yesterday and this guide goes very well....now my galaxy pocket neo is rooted
But there are no roms for this phone
7th October 2013, 03:27 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 42

367 posts
works awsome
7th October 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #6  

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199314

works awsome

You know if there are custom roms for our device?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using xda premium
13th October 2013, 06:48 PM   |  #7  

367 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego88it

You know if there are custom roms for our device?

NO
13th October 2013, 11:00 PM   |  #8  

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199314

NO

You wanna help me to make one?

14th October 2013, 12:51 AM   |  #9  

367 posts
[QUOTE=diego88it;46442683]You wanna help me to make one?

YEP
14th October 2013, 09:19 AM   |  #10  

213 posts
More
[QUOTE=Johnny199314;46445061]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diego88it

You wanna help me to make one?

YEP