Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Why not just use a back cover to hold all the modules ?

OP desertmod1

16th January 2015, 09:03 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I recently saw a hands on video for the Porto Rico release I believe. It look quite good and the first thing that came to mind was the thing needs a back cover. Pretty good idea OP. I was thinking something simple like an iphone cover, primarily to hold the shells in place. The way he was sliding the shells in and out got me thinking, those things are bound to come out sooner or later. I have a nasty habit of carrying my phone everywhere and wouldn't want a shell dropping out while I'm waving my hands around presenting or something.

I really want this thing to come out soon. Just hope its something that lives for years. Really tired of being forced to buy phones with features i dont need.
17th January 2015, 08:12 PM   |  #22  

7 posts
Their could be problem with covers because you do not know where you have to put holes because you can put your camera, speakers anywhere on the phone.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app
19th January 2015, 03:08 PM   |  #23  
Flag pune
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
First things first don't hide the beauty of the modularity of this device.
Second I feel a case is ugly it is disrespect towards the phone and its manufacturer
And third please don't make any relations between project ara and iPhone is disrespect of the concept .
And for your question the epms can apply 30 newtons of force . I don't think the modules can pop out when that much force acts on the.
24th January 2015, 05:25 AM   |  #24  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,305

3,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
How about instead of a traditional back cover, you just have a sort of spider web that fits between the modules and fills up that space, and the space around them, holding them in? That way, the module artwork would still be there, the modules would be secured in place, and cameras wouldn't have problems in any location. Boom. Problem solved.
24th January 2015, 06:01 PM   |  #25  
singkawang westborneo

35 posts
More
AFAIK module holded by magnet from the skeleton. I hve forgeting from were i hve read. May something new happened in ara project?
25th January 2015, 04:58 AM   |  #26  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,305

3,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
You're correct. They're held in place by electromagnets.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ara
Previous Thread Next Thread